19

⋆·˚ ༘ * CALL IT WHAT YOU WANT
"so call it what you want, yeah."

Her feet hit the dark wood as she shuffled down the steps, the doorbell ringing had her stopping at the bottom step. She cocked her head to the side with confusion, ultimately, opening the front door.

"Hi. Can I help you?" She asked kindly, running her eyes over the woman's appearance.

The woman flashed her a warm smile, holding a clipboard between her elbow. "Sandy Denati. I'm looking for Julia."

Juliette parted her lips with a hum and a nod of her head. "Right. Yes, uh, for the open house." Juliette glanced over her shoulder at the empty doorway behind her, turning back to the woman with a smirk accompanying her mouth. "You know, Julia actually
decided to cancel. Yeah, it's last-minute, but, um, she's having some second thoughts."

Sandy's face twisted with confusion, her light brown hair short and covering her forehead as it wrinkled. "Sorry, who are you?"

The door opened further, Conrad's hand gripping it tightly as he revealed himself. "She's my girlfriend, and
she's, um, and she's right." He stammered. Juliette's eyes widened, clearing her throat. "The house is not for sale."

"Conrad Fisher, right?" Sandy asked as he nodded. "It's nice to see you. I am sorry about your mom." Her voice was full of sympathy as she frowned slightly at the youngster.

Conrad scoffed lowly. "Well, clearly not sorry enough to pass up the opportunity to sell her house."

Sandy's frown deepened at his word choice, she shrugged. "I'm just doing my job."

"Well, consider this an unexpected day off." Conrad shot back harshly, going to close the door but Julia's echoing face had him faltering.

"Ignore them. Ignore them." She hurried over, shooting the two a look before she faced Sandy with a grin. "There will be an open house today. But there does seem to be a minor problem with the AC. It died."

Juliette and Conrad shared a wide-eyed look, their heads cocking back over to the older woman. Sandy's face fell, her wrinkled hands smoothing over the clipboard. "That is not a minor problem, Julia.
It is supposed to hot today."

"Yeah. Okay, um, let's chat outside for a minute." Julia stepped outside, ignoring the teens as she shut the door behind her.

Conrad and Juliette stood in silence for a few seconds. He cleared his throat. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean
to call you my girlfriend."

"Don't worry about it. It's cool." Juliette chuckled softly, fiddling with her hands as she stared at him, her heart pounding.

He parted his lips, them quickly shutting as the glanced down the hallway. Jeremiah approached them with a concerned expression. "Hey, is everything okay?"

"No, the realtor just got here." Juliette told him, his face falling.

"Shit." He cursed, biting into his bottom lip in thought. "What are we going to do?"

Conrad dropped his shoulders, his jaw tightened. "I don't know what else we can do."

"Well, maybe Skye has some information that could help us. I don't know. If only we could get a moment alone with them." Juliette suggested, looking between the two brothers.