5

⋆·˚ ༘ * BREATHE
"now i don't know what to be without you around"

The ground shook as Big Latto blasted on max volume, Juliette raising her fingertips to her temples already feeling the headache form. Taylor ran straight up to Milo, kissing him. Belly, Juliette and Steven stared at each other, holding in laughter.

Spike came up behind Steven, slapping him on the back, the boy jolted, "Uh, you call this a party?" A look of offense took over his features as he stared around, "Where are all the hot ladies you promised?"

Taylor clicked her tongue, staring hard at Spike as she stepped away from Milo, "Uh, we're literally standing right here." She gestured between the three of them, Juliette raised her brows and shook her head.

"Oh, uh, no offense. I'm into older women." He shrugged with a small smirk, the looks of relief washing over both Belly and Julie's faces, "Personal preference."

Juliette stood awkwardly, raising her hand to her neck but just feeling skin, she still hadn't gotten used to that. Taylor noticed her expression fade, she hurried over and wrapped her arms around her, "You're so cute tonight, you know that?" She tapped her nose, Juliette scrunching it with a giggle, "Come on, let's go get some drinks."

"I can't drink, I'm driving." Juliette reminded her with an awkward closed-lip smile. Taylor scoffed with an eye roll, leading her into the house, throwing her a water bottle before forcing Belly to take a shot with her.

"Oh, my God, but camp is gonna be so much fun." A girl squealed in excitement, Juliette looking at the counter, avoiding her old teammates gazes, "I bought us all matching PJs."

Taylor hummed as she wiped her mouth, slinging an arm over Belly's shoulder, "Oh, you are going to
need to buy one more set. Guess who finally decided to join us." The girls expressions were less than thrilled, "Julie, what about you?"

"I didn't know Belly was actually doing it." Juliette muttered, staring at her best friend with a soft, awkward laugh, "I think I'm gonna pass on that, thanks."

"Bump, set, hit, spike." The group cheered loudly, drawing her out of her gaze, a smile lifting on her lips as she watched Belly cheer with them, "That's the way we like to fight!"

The chatter of the girls went out on ear and out the other and suddenly she wished she was drunk. She stared at the clear liquid, turning her head to the side, staring at the crowded doorway. For some reason, she was waiting to see him.

"Hey, you still there?" His voice was low, she hummed, setting the white basket down on the washer, leaning over it, "My roommate Trusky..."

"Oh, did he sleepwalk in his underwear again?" Juliette laughed, rubbing her palm over her face. He chuckled, she could hear him shuffling on the other side.

Conrad set his basket down, too. Only he was 365 miles away. "No, he didn't, he didn't, thankfully.
But we were talking, and it turns out he's a 5G conspirisit."

Juliette gasped dramatically over the phone, hopping on top of the washer beside her basket, "I knew it. Oh, so, apparently that guy that Katie was seeing had a girlfriend the whole time. And it just sucks. Like, he didn't really seem like the type, you know?"

"Did you know my dad cheated?" Conrad admitted, the sound of a squeak coming through, signaling he had mirrored her, sitting on top of his washer, Juliette stayed silent for a few seconds, in complete disbelief.

"Adam cheated on Susannah?" She repeated. In denial, they had been her second parents, she couldn't imagine Adam would ever turn on her like that.

Conrad sighed, humming, "Yeah. The first time my mom was sick, he had an affair with his secretary Kayleigh. I found out about it last spring..." He paused, like, he was living in it all over again, "on, like, the same day I found out about my mom's cancer coming back."