40

⋆·˚ ༘ *ITS TIME TO GO
"sometimes givin' up is the strong thing
sometimes to run is the brave thing
sometimes walkin' out is the one thing
that will find you the right thing."

Juliette stood outside of the motel with her eyes narrowed, the sun beaming down on her as she glanced around the parking lot. She furrowed her brows with no sign of the curly-headed boy.

"Hey." Jeremiah waved, walking towards her with a plastic bag. "I went to get breakfast."

Juliette hummed, smiling. "Oh, right. I thought you might've left."

"No." Jeremiah grinned, nodding. "Figured you'd guys would be hungry. It was a long night. For sure."

"Yeah." Juliette agreed, tucking her hair behind her ears. "Uh, Conrad tried to talk to me last night. Well, he got his point across."

Jeremiah's face grew sad as he cut her off. "I-I want you to be happy so before you say anything... just-just know there won't be a repeat of last summer." He swore. "We're good."

Juliette shook her head with a small chuckle. "No, Jere. Conrad and I will never be anything. If our last relationship didn't work out I doubt our next one will. Look, this is gonna be hard but I wanna try."

Jeremiah nodded with a lopsided grin on his lips as he placed the food down. "Yeah?"

"Yeah." Juliette confirmed before standing on her tippy toes, pecking his lips for a moment. He smiled into the kiss, grabbing her jaw.

She pulled away, biting her bottom lip. Her cheeks red.  "Okay. Uh, I'm gonna go back to the hotel room to get the drinks for last night."

He nodded, moving to sit on the bench as she hurried back to the room, smiling largely. She opened the door, jolting as Conrad was now awake.

He stood by the bed, his bag slung over his shoulder as he stared blankly at her. "Hi. Can we talk?"

"Hi." Juliette shut the door behind her, walking towards him. "Yeah, we probably should."

"About last night." He breathed. "I was pissed about you and Jere, and, um... I guess I was just trying to screw that up. Um, but I don't want to get between you guys anymore, so...I just want you to know that, whatever I said, I didn't mean it. You deserve to be happy and with someone who can...do it right."

Juliette nodded, her brows pulled together. "Thanks, Conrad."

"Yep." He popped the end of the sentence. "It's cool. We're friends?"

"Yeah. Friends." Juliette agreed, forcing herself to smile at him.

He adjusted the bag over his shoulder, leaning down to grab his books of the bed. "I was just getting going." As he picked up the notebook, the silver necklace slid from inside it, falling into the covers.

Juliette parted her lips as she stared at the delicate piece of jewelry, her eyes flickering back to Conrad.

He grabbed it, rubbing his thumb over the infinity sign before holding it out to her. "You should take it. It's still yours. It'll always be yours."

Juliette licked her lips, shaking her head as she fought tears. "No. Conrad, no."

"Please." He begged, scrunching her nose. "I don't wanna keep it anymore."

She tilted her head to the side, swallowing. "We've been here before, Con. This is all apart of the cycle."

He shook his head, his lips in a frown. "This isn't like last time, Jules. At least it doesn't feel like it. So, please."

Juliette grabbed it from his fingertips, their skin touching for a mere second. She ran her thumb over the infinity dangling before clutching it in her palm.

The two stared at one another, eyes observing every little feature. Jeremiah entering the room had their eyes falling to floor and Juliette sliding the necklace into her back pocket.

"Breakfast?" Jeremiah offered his brother.

Conrad smiled flatly with a headshake. "No, thanks.  I was just about to... head out, actually. Front desk said there's a bus at noon. I'm gonna go back to Cousins."

Jeremiah knitted his brows. "A-Are you sure? 'Cause, you know, I have to go back and swap cars anyway..."

"You can just take my car." Conrad interrupted him with a shrug. "It's fine. I'll get your car back to Boston.
It's no biggie. See you guys at the Fourth of July?"

Jeremiah bobbed his head. "Yeah."

Juliette doing the same with a small smile. "Of course. I wouldn't miss Susannah's favorite holiday."

Conrad nodded slightly at the two, drawing his eyes between them before passing Jeremiah, not before saying. "Make sure she gets home safe."

Juliette parted her lips, hearing his whisper. Her stomach pitted with guilt as she swallowed, hearing the door click behind them.

Jeremiah peered down at her with furrowed brows. "It's okay." He comforted, rubbing her back as he kissed the side of her head.

"Yeah." She forced a smile with a nod. "I-I just need some fresh air this is a lot." Juliette didn't let him reply as she throwing open the front door, her heart pounding.

All too well.

authors note <3
oh u thought this was the end ;)
ONE MORE FOR YA BABYYY