37

⋆·˚ ༘ *EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED

"come back and tell me why
i'm feeling like i've missed you all this time
and meet me there tonight
and let me know that it's not all in my mind."

Juliette stared at his backside as he left, leaving her stand alone. She shook her head, covering her face with her hands as she left the main campus, going back to his car.

Jeremiah furrowed his brows as he laid eyes on her. "Hey." He grabbed her upper arms, watching the tears flow down her cheeks.

She brought Conrad's sleeve up to wipe them, shaking her head. "It's fine. He fucking hates me, Jere. God, I'm ruining everything."

"You're not." Jeremiah comforted, leaning against the car with his hand's remaining on her arms. "And he doesn't. Conrad can be a dick but he'll never have it in him to hate someone. Especially you."

Juliette nodded, silently, knowing if they continued this conversation she'd crumble.

A half-hour had passed, nearing fourty-five minutes and Conrad had been MIA. Juliette sat in his trunk, glancing around the tall silhouette. "What if he doesn't show?"

"Well, he can't go anywhere without his car, and they have to be moved out of their dorms tonight, so...
... he'll come back." Jeremiah nodded, widening his eyes slightly.

Juliette's head fell back against the seat, sighing. "And if he doesn't? He made it pretty clear that he wanted nothing to do with us. With me, mainly." Her features saddened as she brought her knees to her chest.

He brought his brows together, his hand coming to rub her knee. "What did he say to you exactly, Julie?"

"A lot." Juliette lifted her head, brushing her hair from her face. "He accused me of kissing you to make him jealous." She paused, shaking her head. "Maybe we should just go. I don't wanna be here anymore."

Jeremiah bit his bottom lip. "We can't leave. Also, I'm sorry it went down like that."

Juliette just nodded with a barely-visible smile.

After another half-hour passing, Juliette groaned, rubbing her eyes. "It's been more than an hour, Jere. I don't think he's showing."

"Excuse me." Conrad approached them, his tone sing-song-like as he held his bags. Juliette hopped out of his trunk, rubbing her palm over her wrinkled clothes as they watched him shove his belongings into his truck. "So you guys ready to go or not?"

"Didn't know if you were coming." Jeremiah scratched the back of his neck, the trunk shutting with a click.

Conrad furrowed his brows. "I promised Liam I'd get Julie home. Did you miss that conversation?"

Jeremiah shook his head, reaching for the keys as he held them out to his older brother, awkwardly. "You can drive."

Conrad waved his hand, pushing out his bottom
lip as he blinked. "No, I don't think I trust myself behind the wheel right now." Both, Juliette and Jeremiah froze, side-eyeing each other as the tension grew. Conrad laughed. "I didn't get much sleep last night. Relax."

The three loaded into the car, silently. Within ten minutes into the drive, Conrad begun. Juliette eyes scanned her large book, her head resting on her seatbelt.