34

⋆·˚ ༘ *COWBOY LIKE ME
"eyes full of stars
hustling for the good life
never thought i'd meet you here
it could be love."

Juliette breathed deeply, her shoulder hitting Belly's as stared at the mountain of McDonald's in front of them. The fresh smell of fast food airing through the empty home.

"Should we make them up?" Belly asked, the two glancing over at the three boys, passed out.

Juliette nodded. "Wouldn't want all of our hard work to go to waste now, would we?"

She approached Conrad, peering down at him. She bit her bottom lip as she lifted the water gun at him, peacefully sleeping. She pulled the trigger gently, the water hitting his face made him jolt up.

"Sorry, Con." Juliette smirked, scrunching her nose at him as walked to Jeremiah.

Juliette squirted him with water, the droplets flowing down his skin as he didn't flinch. She furrowed her brows as he didn't budge. Steven wide-awake beside her.

"Jere could sleep through a tidal wave." Conrad informed her, tiredly.

Juliette hummed, pulling out the cap of her gun before dumping the boatload of water onto him. Jeremiah scurried awake, his eyes frantically looking around.

"Sorry, Jere." Juliette apologized, bringing a hand down to fluff his curls.

His harsh gaze softened as he nodded with a small laugh, realizing it had just been her. "Well, good morning to you, Jules."

"I let you sleep for an extra half hour so you better be grateful." Juliette cocked a brow at the two brothers, slapping Jeremiah's arm.

Jeremiah hurried to his feet, wiping his cheeks before his arms came to wrap around Belly and Juliette. "Let's go study for Mr. Stanford."

Juliette flipped so her back faced the island, Belly going to sit beside her brother. Jeremiah gawked at the food, rushing over to it, childlike. "Yes! Mickey D's cheeseburgers?"

Juliette slapped his hand away. "Nope. These are a crucial part of the reward system." She tilted her head, teasingly.

Jeremiah turned his head, pointing to Steven with a whine. "Well, why does he get to have one?"

Steven glanced up, the burger in his mouth.

Juliette rolled her eyes, shaking her head. "Jeremiah." He glanced towards her. "Conrad studies, he gets a burger. Conrad studies, you get a burger."

Jeremiah sighed, his shoulders dropping as he stormed over to the makeshift study corner, his eyes narrowing as he watched the boy devour the meal.

"It's a reward system, huh?" Conrad asked, clicking his tongue as he stood lean.

Juliette swallowed at his dominating height. She nodded, humming.

"What else do I get?" Conrad purred, his brows scrunched together as his eyes stared down at her.

Her lips parted, her knees going weak as she leaned onto the counter. Juliette blinked, taken aback. "Brain." She blurted.