26

⋆·˚ ༘ *LOVER
"can i go where you go? can we always be this close forever and ever?"

Juliette's elbows laid at the top of her knees in the back of Conrad's range rover, smoothing out the tiny tank-top adorning her chest. She sighed, "All right."

"So, beer, tequila, vodka." Conrad listed, looking between Juliette and Jeremiah, seeing if he forget anything.

"Uh, gin for Skye." Juliette added with flat lips, her arm lifting to rest on the back of the front seat.

Conrad pulled his brows together, tilting his head to look at her. "Who drinks gin?"

"Old people." Juliette shrugged, chuckling. "And Skye."

He nodded, reaching in his wallet. "I'll take care of this, guys." His fingers flashed the fake ID at the two, a prideful smile on his lips.

With the name Fritz Herbertson and being from Guam, the two knew they weren't going to get alcohol, at least not from here.

Juliette widened her eyes in amusement, placing a hand over her lips as she held in her laugh, watching him leave the car and go into the store.

"There's no way that's working." Jeremiah shook his head, ducking down in an attempt to see into the store.

Seconds later, Conrad was exiting the store, his jaw slack, and empty handed. Jeremiah stuck his head out of the window, grinning. "Oh, no. What, your I.D.
didn't work, Mr. Herbertson?"

Conrad scoffed, shaking his head in annoyance as he got back into the car. "Fuck off. At least I have one."

"What?" Jeremiah raised his brows in challenge, reaching for door handle. "Listen, it's 'cause I
don't need one, all right? Jumper and I are tight." He shrugged, getting out of Conrad's car before leaning into the window. "Watch and learn."

Juliette exhaled, her head shaking. "Okay, so if this doesn't work?"

Conrad shrugged. "We'll figure it out." Jeremiah came out, his shoulders dropped, his face red with defeat. "Oh, look at that face."

Jeremiah huffed as he slammed the passenger door shut, the car shaking. "Okay. So, what? Do you want to, like, pay someone to go in and buy it for us or... ?
Try a different store?"

"Yeah." Conrad nodding, starting his car. "Hop a few towns over, where they don't know us as well?"

Juliette cackled lowly in the backseat, catching the Fisher boys attention. "Yeah, I just don't think that anyone is gonna buy your Guam I.D."

Jeremiah laughed. Conrad shifted in his seat to face her, his head tilted at her in annoyance. "I would love to hear your plan, Juliette."

Juliette grinned. "Why don't I just go in and ask?"

"That's not gonna work." Jeremiah shot her down with a headshake. Conrad nodding, agreeing. He added, "He's right, it's not gonna work."

"Okay." Juliette shrugged, opening the backseat door before walking from the car and towards the store. The door bells jingled as she walked in, Jumpers eyes falling to her immediately.