21

⋆·˚ ༘ * HAUNTED
"i thought i had you figured out."

The group of exhilarated teens approached the rock wall, the dainty flags at the top of the long wall. The overlapping chatter of the crowd as Taylor and Steven shot each other glares.

"No, no, no, you actually can't do that without a harness." A familiar voice emerged, causing heads to turn, Taylor and Stevens hands on the climbing hold.

"Cam Cameron?" Jeremiah asked in disbelief.

The curly headed boys face twisted with familiarity as his eyes wondered. "No way!"

"Wait, are we in trouble?" Steven asked, cocking a brow at the younger boy.

Cam shrugged, awkwardly, glancing around for other members in uniform. "I mean, officially, there's no horseplay  on or around the rock wall, but unofficially,
it's the most exciting thing to happen all day."

"What are you doing here?" Belly questioned, his eyes softening as he stared at her. "I thought Nicole said that you were doing some internship on a fancy whaling boat."

"That fell through." Cam cleared his throat, rocking on his heels uncomfortably.

Belly apologized quickly, them both falling silent. Juliette clasped her hands together, the slap echoing quietly. "Skye! I forgot you haven't met Cam yet." Juliette grabbed their elbow, dragging Skye into his vision. "Um, Skye, this is Cam Cameron. Cam Cameron, this is Skye, Conrad and Jeremiah's cousin."

Cam smiled softly at them, them exchanging small hellos and nods. Juliette contained her grin as she looked forth at Conrad. "Yeah, but we have some unfinished business."

Taylor and Steven shot each other competitive glares as Cam stood to the side, refereeing. "First one to the flag wins. And... go!"

The rest of them stood, encouraging their unofficial teammate. Steven and Taylor had been even, their footing hurrying as they got closer to the flag. Unfortunately for the girls, Steven had reached up further than Taylor, grabbing the flag as he cheered.

Taylor groaned loudly, letting her feet loose as the harness pulled her down. "Steven wins! - Whoo!" Cam clapped.

The dark blonde approached her friends, falling into Belly's arms in defeat. "I was so close, babe."

"Don't worry about it." Juliette shook her head, tapping Taylor's shoulder gently. Taylor crossed her arms, "So where to next?"

"Well, I don't know about you, Julie, but I think it might be time to shoot your shot." Conrad shrugged, his lips curling into a sly smirk.

Juliette raised her brows, nodding. "Oh, you're on."

The group went back on the boardwalk strip. Soon, the deja vu hit her as the painted basketball came into view. She smiled to herself as they walked up to the game.

Conrad glanced at her. "Too bad for you, basketball is about angles."

She hummed, biting her bottom lip as she squinted up at him. "Mm. Too bad for you,  I had such a great trigonometry tutor."

"Thank you." Conrad cooed playfully, a hand to his heart.

"Okay, five balls each. Most baskets wins." The worker explained, the basketballs compiled against the net.