31

⋆·˚ ༘ * DEAR READER
"never take advice from someone who's falling apart
never take advice from someone who's falling apart.
(you should find another.)"

Juliette sat on the backyard porch, staring blankly at the dock ahead. The door opening and closing behind her made her head turn, her brows furrowing as her father cleared his throat. She turned her head back, staring at the ground.

"Juliette." Liam cleared his throat, sitting beside his daughter. "I'm sorry I hit you. I crossed a line."

"No, no." She shook her head, the copper taste filling her mouth as she chewed on her lip. "I should have never said that. I didn't mean it. I don't wish it was you."

Liam's brows came together as he folded his hands. "I know you think that I never cared for your mother, Jules. You have to believe me when I say that's not true. I did love her but I wasn't in love with her."

"So, why were you with her?" Juliette asked, intrigued.

"Because of you." Liam shrugged. "We didn't wanna raise you in a broken home. We wanted you to know we loved you. When she died..." He breathed out. "When she died, all I felt was regret. There's so many things I wish I told her."

Juliette's lips turned to the floor, her stomach building with guilt. "I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"We wanted it to be that way." Liam nodded, sniffing. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. Susannah, too."

"It's okay." Juliette swallowed, her lips in a flat line. "I'm sorry I've been lying. But this house...I don't want to loose it." Her eyes began to water, her palm laying against the concrete steps. "You have to do something."

Liam hummed, his fingers holding his chin in thought. "Conrad told me about the house. Look, Adam is hard-headed. We all know that. But we can try."

Juliette nodded with a small smile. "So, are we, like, fine?"

"Yes, sweetheart." Liam chuckled, his hand rubbing the blondes back as he hugged her softly, his lips pressing to the side of her head before he helped her up.

Juliette opened the door to the house, stepping inside, her eyes lingering on the Fishers boys sat around the counter with everyone else.

Liam stood beside Laurel, the two sharing a look before turning to the teenagers.

"We owe you all an apology. You guys have been there for each other, and we haven't, and we're deeply sorry for that." Laurel expressed, a frown on her thin lips.

"We've all made mistakes, mom." Belly shrugged, attempting to comfort her mother from a distance.

Laurel sighed lowly, frustrated. "Well, my biggest one is trusting that Beck and Julia had come to an agreement about the beach house before she passed.
It's probably too late to change things, but I'd like to try. I'll talk to Julia, see if I can't change her mind."

"Thank you, Mom." Belly beamed. Jeremiah leaning over to hug her, thanking her as well.

"Before my mom gets here, though, we should probably try and make this place look less... shitty." Skye suggested with a small brow raise, glancing around the wrecked house.