39

⋆·˚ ༘ *22
"we're happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time. it's miserable and magical."

"Do you think we'll ever break up?" Juliette asked, staring up at the ceiling.

She laid on Conrad's chest, the back of her head feeling the slow, steady beat of his heart as he traced circles on her stomach. "No. You'll never be able to get ride of me."

"Well, good. I don't want too." Juliette flipped over gently, their stomachs pressing together as she stared up at him, he smiled.

He leaned forehead, kissing the top of her head. "You're with me for eternity."

"I can't get over how cute my babies are." Susannah squealed, her bottom lip pushing out as she stared in adoration.

Conrad's cheeks flushed red as Juliette buried her face in his T-shirt. "Mom! Seriously? We're not kids."

Susannah shooed him with her hand as she sat on the coffee table in front of them. "I'm really happy you two are finally together. It was my wish."

"Mine too." Juliette beamed, kissing his jawline before turning back to Susannah. "For every birthday over the past seventeen years. At least, almost every one."

"Oh, you love me that much?" Conrad teased, cupping her cheeks.

"So much, Connie."

Juliette blinked, staring at herself in the mirror, she dried the water from her face as she got dressed. She glanced down at her phone, watching it light up with her fathers contact.

"Hey, dad." She picked it up, swinging her damp braid behind her back as she sat down on the edge of the bathtub.

"Hey." Liam shuffled on the line. "I just saw you're text. Is everything alright? You safe?"

Juliette nodded, forgetting he couldn't see her. "Yeah. We're in some motel."

Liam sighed softly before chucking. "Four words a father never wants to hear. You're lucky I trust those boys."

Juliette hummed, staring down at the water droplets on the tiling flooring.

"Is everything okay? You can talk to me." Adam asked, his tone worried.

"Dad, What did it feel like when you weren't in love with mom anymore?" Juliette blurted.

Liam went quiet for a few seconds. "Uh, woah. Okay. I, uh....Well, part of me will. always love your mom, but... it's different now. We grew apart but we didn't leave each other. I think love has different seasons,
depending on where you are in your life."

"I think you're hanging out with Laurel to much." Juliette teased, a lopsided grin adorning her lips.

Liam chuckled. "Oh, shush. It's the Park effect. But it means you should ask yourself, is what you're feeling
remembering what you had together, or looking forward to what you could have? You're still young."

"I didn't know you would be this good at advice." Juliette raised her brows. "But thanks, dad. I still have a lot of life to live."