Chapter 8.6 to 12

So, then let's see their village I am actually excited on how that would be. However, after looking at the condition of the goblins I was not surprised to see. Just how bad the condition of their village was. All the houses were barely standing. However, they took me to their best-looking house.

After a few seconds an elderly goblin entered the house.

Elder goblin= We apologize for making you wait, honored guest.

Rimuru= Ah... don't mind it. I hadn't been waiting that long.

Gabiru= That is how I expected the goblin village to be like when I first arrived.

Hakorou= Yes almost all of the goblin village were in a very rusty situation.

Rigurd= Especially after the disappearance of Veldora-sama.

Veldora= Don't even though I temporarily disappeared. Rimuru was there for you.

Guy= So, if I am not wrong these are going to be Rimuru's first subordinates.

Leon= That much is obvious.

They told me that how a month ago. Their god who was protecting them from danger disappeared. Which I suspect might be Veldora because timeline matches up. And now they want my help to save them.

Rimuru= But why me I am just a slime.

Elder Goblin= Hahaha, how modest! A slime could never radiate such strong demonic aura!

We are not so presumptuous as to try guess at why you have taken that appearance, but we are aware–you are a Named Monster, are you not?

Demonic aura? Have I been emitted my aura everywhere I go? How embarrassing....

Dino= So, you finally noticed that you are literally telling everyone how strong are you?

Rimuru= It of course was going to take time before I would had realized that I am releasing my aura.

Benimaru= Why didn't you noticed it first?

Rimuru= Most likely because in the cave. There was very high magical energy. So, I never sensed mine.

So, Coming from the eastern lands, new monsters threaten the balance of this region.

Further, it seems that there are a few goblin villages around here.

This village being but one of them, but they have had many battles with the newcomers and lost many good warriors.

But the real problem was the named warrior.

He served as the guardian of this village; and, when he was lost, the village found itself in a perilous situation.

Other goblin communities have abandoned it.

Rimuru= So, that is why you want me to help you.

Elder Goblin= Yes, we will be extremely grateful to you.

Rimuru= What will I get in return?

Elder Goblin= We offer our loyalty! Please protect us. If You do, we shall forever serve You!!

Honestly, I don't really need their loyalty. But being alone for so long. This might not be so bad.

Rimuru= Very well! I shall accept that request!

I accepted with an exaggerated bow.

And so, I became the master of goblins, and their guardian.