Chapter 34

When the battle had ended Rimuru was wondering what he should about this situation, fortunately for him at that point Treyni came to the rescue and announced that the next day they will be deciding the next course of actions for the forest, So, any race that wishes to attend the conference should send their representative. But then Treyni said something that was terrifying for Rimuru.

Treyni= I am sure no one will disagree with this. But Rimuru Tempest will be the Chairman.

Hinata= So now that the whole fighting is over, now it is time for discussions.

Kenya= You mean the boring part after every war?

Ryota= Yup that one.

Carrera= I hate that part.

Diablo= You just love blowing things up.

Carrera= Of course. I do. What is the fun in talking around?

Guy= Well it looks like Rimuru you did not like the fact that she made you into the chairman of the conference.

Rimuru= Of course I didn't like it because I had thought that she would be the one to decide. And I had no plan of becoming the leader.

So, the next day the conference started, the participants were me and the Oni's representing our village, Lizardmen and his daughter representing the lizardmen, a few goblins from the goblin villages that were with Gabiru representing their respective villages, Orc Lord's son and a few orcs representing the orcs and Treyni. However, Rimuru was not happy with being the Chairman but now there was nothing he could do. So, the conference began.

Dino= I think that has been a trend by now that. You pretty much never want to be the leader and you just become reluctantly, because you have no other choice.

Rimuru= Becoming a leader and especially a chairman of the conference of this scale is way too much work and responsibility. I was only a manager in my past life, not a president of the whole company. So, I can handle things short scale but if they become too large for example going from a village to whole damn forest that is too much.

Luminous= But you were able to handle it considering where you are now.

Rimuru= Well I can but only because I have some of the best managers in the forest. Like Shuna, Treyni, Kaijin, Rigurd and Benimaru.

Carrion= That is how management works. One man can't really take on everything at once.

Rimuru= Even still in those starting days. It was really difficult to manage all those races even with the help of my best managers.

Kenya= Just how much difficult?

Rimuru= You don't want to know.

Shuna= No need to worry about that Rimuru-sama. Those difficult times are over and even if they return. Under your command we can deal with them.

Veldora= Yeah you don't need to worry about it. Everything will be fine.

Rimuru= (Yeah, I know. As long as I have everyone with me. Everything will be fine.)

Rimuru= So, first of all, I would like to say that I don't think the orcs have committed any crimes.

At this many in the conference were surprised.

Rimuru= I know the lizardmen who suffered by far the most causalities won't like this but hear me out. There was a reason behind this entire orc invasion and that was the famine. It forced them to do these things and they were also manipulated by Gelmud. However, even still these things can't be tolerated, and the orcs are supposed to pay reparations. However, they can't pay reparations right now. That is how it normally will be.