Chapter 36

The duel started, Rimuru first charged towards Gazel, but Gazel blocked his strike. He tried to strike him many times, but he blocked. During this whole time Rimuru was coming at him from multiple angles, Gazel was standing where he was from the start.

Kaijin= (King Gazel was once taught by the sword saint. His swordsmanship brought him fame as a hero and a king. He is not an opponent you can defeat with half-baked swordsmanship, master.)

Rimuru was visibly struggling to fight against him. Then suddenly Gazel started using his [Hero's Haki] against Rimuru causing him to freeze because of the pressure, but he was able to fight it off by using fighting spirit upon Great Sage's suggestion.

Rimuru= (If I use my skills, I will surely win but that would be a wound to my pride.)

Guy= So far it looks like the fight is not going in your favor, Rimuru.

Rimuru= Yeah, I had just recently started my work on my swordsmanship. I wasn't that good at the time.

Gazel= You still aren't that good.

Rimuru= Well I am certainly better than before and I only have been practicing for two years, not over two hundred years like you.

Gazel= Fair point but compared to how much more power you have gained in this time period; your skill is seriously lacking.

Shuna= Power and skill are not the same thing King Gazel, and you will see in just a few years. Rimuru-sama will be an even better swordsman than you are.

Gazel= Oh you really think so.

Hakorou= Yes at the rate at which Rimuru-sama's skill is growing in just two years he would have surpassed you.

Hearing this from Hakorou, Gazel quietened down.

Ultima= Wow the great king Gazel really just decided to shut up after hearing from that old man.

Diablo= You will soon realize the reason on why he is thinking like this.

Carrera= Oh really.

Rimuru= Yes.

Veldora= Really.

Seeing that Rimuru was able to dispel the effects of his [Hero's Haki]. He decided to use a trick.

Gazel= So it seems, it is my turn now.

Then Gazel immediately disappeared. At first Rimuru was surprised but then he realized.

Rimuru= (Where did he go? Wait a minute... I have seen this before.)

Suddenly a sword swing came from below up. But Rimuru dodged it.

Rimuru= (This is not the end. The next strike will be from above.)

Suddenly a sword swing came from above. But Rimuru was able to block it. However, he was having a real difficult time. At this everyone from Dwargon became surprised, and Gazel began to laugh.

Gazel= Hahaha you were able to stop my strike. I forfeit, this is my loss.

However, Rimuru was really confused on why he did that.

Gazel= The fact that you were able to stop my attack proves that you are not an evil creature.

Treyni= Then the victor is Rimuru Tempest.

At this everyone from Rimuru's side began to celebrate for him.

Kenya= That was a really cool fight. Even though sensei was on the defensive for most of the time. It was still cool to watch.