Chapter # 49 (Butterflies of the Night)

The next day, both leaders of Dwargon and Tempest, Gazel Dwargo and Rimuru Tempest, gathered to announce their relations of their countries publicly.

Shizu= I think most of them still already knew of the relations between Dwargon and Tempest.

Rimuru= Even though they did that still doesn't matter. As this way everyone would know about this...

Gazel= Also Not just in Dwargon and Tempest but everywhere else as well. And again Formality.

Hinata= That is probably the biggest reason.

Rimuru, knowing that he represents the Allied nation of the Jura Forest, started his speech.

Rimuru= Uhh hello citizens of Dwargon, my name is Rimuru Tempest, and I am the Master of the Great Jura Forest Alliance. As you see I am but a slime, but I hope to create a nation where humans and monsters can coexist. A place where people can set aside their differences, thus I cannot thank King Gazel enough for his good will. Most of my people are what you call monsters, yet they are no different than you and I. So, instead of fear, I hope you can accept us with open arms. I say these words from the bottom of my heart.

Elmesia= That wasn't that bad. Gazel you were making it to be a real disaster, but it isn't that bad.

Gazel= It might not be to you, but it absolutely is a disaster. He was way too sincere.

Gale= So is sincerity bad?

Rudra= Not always. I don't think it will hinder him that much as he is a new ruler who is starting his reign. It all depends on how people perceive his sincerity. If they think that he is a naïve ruler who doesn't know anything then it is a disaster, which is definitely how it would normally be perceived as especially in the human kingdoms. However, if they see his sincerity as him being a ruler who cares for common people than common people would flock behind him as their leader.

Benimaru= I would agree with that.

Gazel= However, sincerity was the smallest problem in this speech.

Dagruel= What were those?

Gazel= I mention those later so you will know later.

Rimuru= Oh those one's.

Everyone started clapping and Rimuru thought he had done a great job. Oh, how wrong he was.

After the ceremony, in a meeting between Gazel and Rimuru.

Gazel= Too short, too humble and too much emotion. I would give it zero points.

A ruler should never bow his head to the masses, you will quickly loose people's respect.

You cannot continue to rule like this, good things don't come to those who wait but are taken by those who persist.

Dagruel= When you put it like that I get where you are coming from.

Elmesia= But still that doesn't mean that the speech was a disaster and deserved zero points. You were being a bit too harsh.

Gazel= I know that I was being too harsh with him but that was needed, and he knew it.

Rimuru= Yes, I knew that.

Hinata= However, the point he made about not bowing to the masses is absolutely true you should never do that as you are representing your whole country and that would an insult to your own country.