CHAPTER 4

SINKING DEEP
(Vivacious)

My name is Freyja Elie Mercedez, and I found myself drawn to a captivating woman who turned out to be a professor at a prestigious institution. Intrigued by her presence, I made the decision to transfer there and was pleasantly surprised to discover that she would be my instructor. On the first day of school, our paths crossed again, and a brief interaction left me longing for more. Along the way, I formed bonds with new friends who bring joy to my life, and I am looking forward to nurturing those connections.

Dumating ako sa bahay around 4pm at expected wala pa sila dad kaya ako muna ang nag-asikaso sa kusina. Dumiretso ako sa kwarto ko saka nagbihis ng pambahay lang, a pair of black pants and oversize black sweater.

After ko nagbihis ay bumaba na ako at hinalungkat ang ref para makita kung ano ang pwedeng lutuin. Kinuha ko ang manok na nasa pack pa at nilagay sa counter ng kitchen. Kumuha ako ng garlic, white onion, pepper, soy sauce, chili, calamansi, vinegar, msg, and a knife kasi chicken adobo ang lulutuin ko.

"Siri? play "We fell inlove in October by Girl in Red," I commanded to our device.

"Playing We fell inlove in October by Girl in Red." The device responded.

(Music intensifies)

Smoking cigarettes on the roof
You look so pretty and I love this view

Holding the knife firmly, I skillfully prepared the ingredients, starting with the onion and garlic while swaying my head enjoying the music.

We fell in love in October
That's why, I love fall
Looking at the stars
Admiring from afar

I expertly chopped the onion, emulating the skills of a chef. Next, I crushed the garlic using the back of the knife and added it to the mix.

My girl, my girl, my girl
You will be my girl
My girl, my girl, my girl
You will be my world
My world, my world, my world
You will be my girl

I sliced the chicken with care and marinated it, adding various flavors to create a mouthwatering adobo. I marinated it with the freshly chopped ingredients, adding soy sauce, vinegar, pepper, and the remaining ingredients.

Smoking cigarettes on the roof
You look so pretty and I love this view
Don't bother looking down
We're not going that way
At least I know, I am here to say

I switched on the stove and placed the chicken-filled pan on it, adjusting the heat to a moderate level for cooking. As the music played, I began to dance with wild abandon, all the while lost in thoughts of her.

We fell in love in October
That's why, I love fall
Looking at the stars
Admiring from afar
(My girl, my girl, my girl)

Dancing, swaying and banging my head in the air.

"Kailan ko kaya siya maipagluluto?" I mentally said.

My girl, my girl, my girl
You will be my girl
My girl, my girl, my girl
You will be my girl
My girl, my girl, my girl
You will be my girl
My girl, my girl, my girl
You will be my world
My world, my world, my world
You will be my girl

My mind was consumed with thoughts of her, longing for her to become mine. To be my girl.

Twenty minutes had passed and luto na ang niluto ko. Kumuha ako ng spoon para tikman ang adobo, as I sampled the dish, I was delighted by the incredible taste. My culinary abilities ay talagang namana ko from my mother's expertise.