CHAPTER 35

It's early in the morning, I awoke to find her sleeping beside me. As I observed her peaceful slumber, thoughts of her actions from the previous night lingered in my mind. How did she manage to open my parent's room? What was she searching for? Is she keeping something hidden from me?

Anong binabalak niya?

I recall hurrying walking through the stairs silently, trying to avoid making any noise that might alert her, and then pretending to be asleep to prevent her from noticing. Her behavior continues to puzzle me.

Tiningnan ko ulit ang mga mukha niyang mahimbing na natutulog. Sa maganda niyang mukha na hindi mo aakalaing sobrang lamig at sungit niya.

Kung ano man ang binabalak mo, sana malaman ko.

Bumangon ako para bumaba. Mabuti nalang at ako ang naunang nagising, kung siya kasi baka maisipan niyang magluto tapos baka pag gising ko wala na kaming bahay.

Agad akong lumabas sa kwarto at bumaba only to find Ma'am Vivien sleeping on the couch, she's completely in slumber.

What?

Kailan pa siya bumalik?

Ala una kagabi nung nagising ako pero wala naman akong nakitang imahe niyang natutulog sa couch namin. I noticed that her arms crossed preventing her to feel the cold from the aircon. She's wearing a brown leader jacket and a blue jeans, parang pagod pa siya at kakatulog lang. Agad akong umakyat ulit at kumuha ng comforter, tulog pa rin kasi ang isa.

I descend to offer her the blanket. Gently, I drape the comforter over her to shield her from the cold. I adjust the air conditioning, lowering it to provide warmth. Observing her asleep on the couch, a sense of concern engulfs me. She has endured much to look after me.

Really she don't have to do this kind of stuff. I don't want her to struggle anymore. Nadadamay pa siya sakin.

Pumunta ako sa kitchen para magluto ng breakfast. The kitchen appears neat, with everything arranged neatly. I opened the refrigerator, selecting a pair of eggs. Placing one in the pan, at nagsimula akong magluto. Alongside, I opt for a vegetable, opting to create a cucumber salad. Nagluto din ako ng omelette using egg whites, with spinach, bell pepper, and tomatoes alongside with whole-grain toast and a cup of coffee for them.

"Frey? Bakit ikaw ang nagluluto?" biglang tanong ni Ma'am Vivien sakin. Gising na pala siya, pero mukhang kailangan niya pa talaga matulog.

"I want po, matulog na muna kayo ma'am." Sagot ko dito. Her eyes seems to need more sleep.

"No, it's fine. Do you want a hand?" she asked, insisting to help me.

"Ah, wag na po." Nakangiti kong sabi sa kanya. "Umupo nalang kayo d'yan ma'am, matatapos na rin naman ako." Dagdag ko.

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"Opo," with that, natapos akong magluto at isa-isa kong nilapag ang pagkain na niluto ko sa mesa.

"You didn't told me you're a good cook," nakangiting sabi nito sakin habang tinitingnan ang niluto ko.

"Hindi naman po masyado, namana lang kay mom." I answered.

"Do you recall that evening when I brought you here?" she asked.

"Hmm?" I murmured while stirring two cups of coffee.

"I did told you that I want you to cook for me when I comeback here, seems like, wish come true for me." she stated, a smile gracing her face. Her eyes seemed weary, yet her cheerful smile towards me was evident.

Ngumiti ako, "Natatandaan ko po." Sabay bigay ko ng kape sa kanya.

"Frey, you don't have to do this." She said while accepting the cup.