CHAPTER 25

The prom night's music began to play, and all of a sudden, we both seemed to be caught in a momentary stillness. She shifted her gaze towards me, almost as though she were deliberately avoiding me. Shortly after, a man appeared from the same direction she did.

Mr. Gabriel Montejo, his name.

He was dressed in a stylish formal French suit that complemented his well-built physique. He followed Ma'am Rhea closely, the two of them moving together like a couple, his hand placed possessively on her waist. It was a pain for my eye.

A sight that I don't want to see.

Inialis ko ang tingin ko sa kanila, with pain. She's really comfortable by the man's arms on her waist.

"Frey? The event is about to start in a few minutes. Allow me to escort you to your seat," Ma'am Vivien said, her grip still firm on my hand.

Tumango ako sa kanya at nagpahatak nalang kung saan niya ako dadalhin. Habang naglalakad kami, a piercing sensation landed on me, again. It was like someone is watching us intensely. Hindi ko alam kung saan nang-galing but one thing is sure, naranasan ko na ʼto kahapon lang.

Nakarating kami sa isang mala-engranding table na parang nasa palasyo ka lang dahil sa mga gamit na nasa mesa. A stylish things meant for kings and queens are placed in it. It was a classic design for the nights event.

"Ladies and gentlemen, as the contemporary beats take a momentary pause, let us amass our anticipation for the eagerly anticipated climax of our enchanting prom night!" The MC's resonant voice reverberated throughout the venue.

"This evening, we have the distinguished privilege of presenting an extraordinary woman, whose impact and grandeur resonate across vast horizons. I implore you all to join me in extending a warm welcome to the esteemed proprietress of our institution, Miss Porchevannah Silvestre!" The MC's proclamation elicited an enthusiastic burst of applause, infusing the crowd with energy.

Lahat ay nagpalakpakan. Kinabahan man ay pumalpak pa rin ako. Hindi talaga maalis sa isip ko ang sinabi ni Savannah sakin nung nakaraang araw.

Sa gitna ng pagpapalakpak ng mga attendees, the grand entrance swung open, and Miss Porchevannah Silvestre graced the red-carpeted stage with a poised elegance that bespoke both authority and charisma. Draped in a timeless red suit that radiated self-assurance, she emanated an ageless charm, belying her forty years of life experience.

Savannah is a resemblance of her. They have such a same contours and figure. Parang hindi tumatanda ang mom niya.

The MC proceeded, "Ladies and gentlemen, let us bestow a round of applause upon the embodiment of sophistication and opulence, Miss Porchevannah Silvestre!" The assembled audience erupted into a harmonious symphony of cheers and claps, while the lady herself acknowledged the reception with a gracious wave, preserving her eternally appealing allure.

Naglakad nang dahan-dahan si Miss Porchevannah wearing her elegant smile. Grabe ang sway ng katawan niya, parang super model lang.

Binigay ng MC ang mic dito at tinanggap ito. "Good evening, dear attendees." Miss Porchevannah's mellifluous voice resonated, capturing the attention of all present. "I am brimming with excitement for this event, having invested considerable effort into its preparation. As our cherished tradition unfolds later, a new and extraordinary figure will take center stage. Anticipation runs high, as she stands amongst us, adorned in resplendent elegance. Patience, for the unveiling awaits during the course of our revered tradition. For now, indulge in the festivities, dance with your companions, and revel in the elation of this extraordinary occasion."

Ano raw?

Pagkatapos niyang magsalita, I was left speechless. Don't know what to do, hindi ko maintindihan ang sinabi niya, and I'm puzzled by it.