CHAPTER 28

It's Monday and I reluctantly got out of bed. As I stood in front of the mirror, I stared at my reflection with vacant eyes. My eyes were still red and swollen from the tears I shed the previous night. I had managed to hide my emotions upon arriving home, quickly retreating to my room where I continued to cry. Only when Mom brought me dinner did I stop, but I avoided showing her my tear-streaked face.

I was left heartbroken, once again.

May pasok na ngayon, including hers as the first subject. The thought of seeing her face was painful, a constant reminder of the hurt she had caused me. Her joyful expression from yesterday, when she was with that guy, was etched in my mind.

She was happy with him.

I don't want to force myself anymore.

Nagpasya akong maligo na para hindi masayang ang oras. Minutes after, tapos na akong maligo at pumunta na sa closet contemplating what to wear -
I picked out a long-sleeve polo and khaki trousers, opting for an outfit that felt more comfortable. I intentionally left the top button of my shirt undone, exposing my neck.

Bumaba ako, timing naman na bumaba si dad suot ang white long sleeve which is meant for engineers.

"Good morning, Dad." Ngiti kong bati sa kanya.

He squint my eyes, napansin niya siguro ang mata ko kaya agad niya akong tinanong, "Anong nangyari sa mata mo?"

"A-aah wala po, matagal lang nakatulog kagabi." I lied.

"Really?"

"Yes Dad."

Dad guided me patungo sa kitchen where my mother prepared something for breakfast. After a breakfast where my parents bid me to drive safely and avoid coffee, I headed to my Nissan GT-R, starting the engine and driving away. It was still early, so I headed to SU to ensure I wouldn't be late. Upon reaching the campus, a warm breeze welcomed me as I stepped out of the car.

I took my bag inside the car and headed to the art building. Bagsak balikat akong pumasok sa main entrance ng building, ni hindi ko napapansin ang ibang student. Papunta na ako sa elevator ng nakita ko naman siya, coincidentally.

She's also waiting there, wearing a white sleeve and a black wrap skirt that suited her well. I thought hindi niya ako makikita but she roamed her eyes and it landed on me. I quickly moved my gazes and took a step back.

"Ja-"

I cut her off, ignoring her, and headed for the stairs. I didn't want to be near her, not when the memory of her enjoying her time with him was still fresh in my mind.

Kahit labag sa loob ko ang gumamit ng hagdanan wala rin akong choice. Ayaw ko talaga makita ang mukha niya for now. Please lang. Hindi pa naman yata siya papasok sa room kasi 9:00AM pa naman, may 30 minutes pang free time. Of course, dadaan na naman ʼyon sa 2nd floor tsaka papasok samin.

Nakarating ako sa 3rd floor, hinihingal. Bitbit ko pa ang bag kong may mga laman din pero hindi naman masyadong mabigat.

"God, Frey!?" napatingin ako sa likod dahil sa gulat.

It's Ma'am Vivien, she's wearing a white shirt, a khaki trouser and a khaki suit. She really loves khaki colors.

Her eyes painted with worry when she noticed that I'm struggling to breath.

"Ma'am Vivi-

"Why did you take the stairs?" she asked, agad niya akong nilapitan at kinuha ang bag ko.

"Ma'am hindi na po," pigil ko sa kanya.

"No, let me." She answered.

She guided me patungo sa room namin. Wala pa namang masyadong student. Nakakahiya, siya pa nagdala ng bag ko. Hinatid niya ako sa upuan ko at pinaupo pagkatapos binagsak niya ang bag sa table.