CHAPTER 40

Following our affectionate interaction and hug, the day transitioned into night once more. We shared dinner with Mang Damian and Manang Cecil, as we were planning to spend the night and return in our normal life tomorrow.

Nasa kwarto kami nakahiga. Nakahiga siya sa tabi ko habang hinahaplos ko ang malalambot niyang buhok at nakabalot sakin ang mga kamay niya.

"I wish this night wouldn't end. I want us to remain like this forever, if only we could," she expressed, her eyes shut and her embrace tightening.

"We have that potential. Let's wait that," I responded, my fingers gently tracing her hair.

She raised her face slowly, locking her gaze with mine.

"Let's hold onto this memory," she murmured, her voice gentle.

"How could I ever forget a moment spent with a goddes like you?" I answered, a smile forming on me.

A smile appeared on her lips before she leaned in and kissed me. I reciprocated the kiss, which lasted only a brief moment before she looked at me once more.

"You'll be ending your second year next week. Attend the ceremony at SU and meet me there," she suggested.

I grinned, "Babalik na sila mom and dad, so the ceremony it is," sagot ko.

Ngumiti siya sakin bago niya ulit isinubsob ang mukha niya sa dibdib ko.

"Will we ever see each other again after this?" tanong ko sa kanya.

"I wouldn't last a day without seeing you. Of course we will," she answered.

"I will, Jael."

In that instant, her breathing grew deep, and I realized nakatulog na pala siya.

I longed for us to remain in this state forever, but the challenges in both our lives were still unresolved. I was unfamiliar with her past, but I am determined to uncover it.

I am willing to let her presence once again fill my life with warmth. Her undisclosed secrets seemed like shadows encroaching upon my once pure and luminous existence, yet I was prepared to embrace them.

If her hidden struggles were destined to bring me hope, I'm more than willing to let them envelop me entirely.

-

It's early in the morning and I woke up without her by my side.

Ganito pala ang feeling kapag hindi nagigising ng asawa, kaya pala galit na galit siya nung hindi ko siya ginising.

Ngayon alam ko na.

Bumalikwas ako sa kama at nagdabog pero natigil ako nang bumukas ang pinto. Akala ko siya na pero si Manang Cecil lang pala.

"Miss Frey pinapagising na po kayo ni Miss Rhea, kakain na raw po." Malambing na sabi ng matanda.

Talagang nag-utos pa, hindi nalang siya ang nagpunta dito para bigyan ako ng morning kiss.

"Susunod ako manang." Sagot ko dito. Tumango naman ito at umalis tapos tumayo ako at nag-ayos ng sarili.

Bumaba ako after kong mag toothbrush. Nakita ko siyang may kausap sa cellphone habang may tinitimpla. She's still wearing her night outfit. She's busy stirring what's inside the cup at pumasok naman ako sa kitchen nang hindi inaalis ang titig sa kanya.

"Yes dad, I'm at the old house. I will go back today and I'm with my -"

Natigilan siya nang nakita niya akong nakaupo na nakatingin sa kanya.

She moved forward to approach the chair where I was. She is simultaneously holding the phone and the cup.

"My what?" I mentally said.