CHAPTER 49

At times, we must release the vows that were once our source of comfort and solace. These promises, once a sanctuary in someone's words, sometimes not enough and not constant.

-Thyloniahx

***

"Rhea, hurry up! We don't have all day," I shouted, urging her to come out. After our two-day retreat at the resort, we returned to my house and decided to head back to the city to start planning our wedding.

This topic had been a constant in our conversations since that unforgettable night. Shes was enthusiastic about marrying me, and while it felt sudden, wala naman akong naging problema, especially when it comes to her but it doesn't change the fact na sobrang bilis talaga.

“Argh! Can you just wait for a minute!?” her groan filled the room.

“Anong can't you just wait? Kanina ka pa and'yan, halos kalahating oras na akong nag-aantay,” I retorted, crossing my arms.

"You're always in a rush, impatient as ever," she complained as she emerged from the room, clad in casual blue jeans and an open-button long-sleeved shirt revealing a glimpse of her chest.

"Pot calling the kettle black," I retorted, playfully wrapping my arm around her waist. "You're the one eager to marry me right away." I teased, meeting her intense gaze with a smile.

"Whatever," she replied, rolling her eyes at me.

"You look stunning," I complimented her, admiring her as she walked ahead. I followed behind, captivated by her confident stride.

"Always have been," she said, looking back at me with a smirk.

Rhea, I love your confidence.

“Who's driving?” tanong ko sa kanya nang makarating na kami sa kotse ko.

Ay, hindi ko alam kung kaninong sasakyan ba ang gagamitin namin kasi nandito din ang sasakyan niya.

“My car,” she replied, pumunta agad ito sa sasakyan niya.

“Pero I can't just leave my car here,” maktol ko sa kanya.

Talagang I can't, nag-iisa lang ʼyan.

Napatigil naman siya at tumingin sakin. She took a step back, reconsidering her stance. "Fine, let's use your car, but I'll be the one driving," she insisted.

"But this is my car, I should be the one driving," I protested.

She approached me slowly, backing me against my car. "Darling, it's just a one-day trip. Let's take turns driving when one of us gets tired," she suggested, her eyes pleading with me.

"But I won't get tired..." I began, then stopped, realizing the double entendre. "From driving you...." I stammered, chuckling nervously. She waited, her eyes fixed on mine, anticipating my response.

"Crazy...he-he," I finally said, laughing. She affectionately pinched my cheek.

"Silly," she replied, planting a kiss on my cheek.

“Sili is maanghang,” I replied.

“It's silly not sili,” she retorted.