CHAPTER 41

My tears continued to flow down my cheeks like an unstoppable river, my emotions overwhelming me. Suddenly, a hand intervened, obstructing my view, and its gentle touch enveloped me, guiding me away.

"You're not supposed to be here, Frey. Let's go," a familiar female voice whispered from behind, her hand gently cupping my face to prevent me from witnessing the sight of a woman in the arms of a man that shattered my heart once again.

Ma'am Vivien?

Hindi na ako nagreklamo at nagpadala nalang sa kung saan man niya ako dalhin basta ang gusto ng katawan ko ay lumayo ako dito.

Ma'am Vivien led me outside, and I continued to sob uncontrollably. Her hand remained a steady guide as my vision blurred from the tears.

"Rhea, what is this? all of this?" I choked out.

"I want you to promise me something, If you ever hear or see anything that could come between us, don't believe it. Don't let it break your heart. When the time is right, I'll explain everything to you."

"Is this what she were talking about? Is this what she meant? How can I ever trust her after what I've just witnessed?" I questioned, my voice filled with pain and betrayal. Napaupo ako pagkarating namin sa harap ng isang sasakyan, crying uncontrollably.

"Frey..." Ma'am Vivien voice that wants to comfort me.

"She didn't even inform me about any of this. If this is what she was referring to yesterday, she better have a valid explanation for all of it," I added, my emotions raw and unfiltered.

Napaupo si Ma'am Vivien kaharap ko. Her hands still gently gripping mine and she guided me to stand up. Niyakap niya ako nang mahigpit habang hindi pa rin ako matigil sa pag-iyak. Wala siyang sinabi, she didn't even utter any word at niyakap niya lang ako.

"I promise. I believe in you."

Nagtiwala ako sa kanya pero hindi ko alam kung magtitiwala pa ba ako pagkatapos ng nakita ko. I'm not mentally and physically prepared for this. This is such a heartbreak for me, truly.

Pero bakit hindi niya sinabi sakin kung ano ang mangyayari? Parang kanina lang hinatid niya ako sa bahay tapos bumawi agad ang panahon hindi pa nga natatapos ang araw.

Why didn't she tell me any of this? Why did she allow me to believe in her cryptic words, making me think that everything she did had a purpose?

Marriage, of all things. Huh.

"It's getting chilly out here," Ma'am Vivien remarked.

"Pabayaan niyo na po ako dito. Kaya ko ang sarili ko." I said, I paid no attention to the cold since I'm wearing a hoodie.

"Frey, please, get into my car. I'll take you away from here so you can gather your thoughts," Ma'am Vivien's voice was tinged with concern, gentle and soothing.

Pinunusan ko ang mga luha kong kanina pa dumadaos-os, walang balak na tumigil.

"Alam mo ang lahat ng ʼto, diba ma'am?" I asked, my gaze fix on her.

She must have been aware of all this from the beginning. I had a gut feeling, especially considering why she was here in the first place. With Lohan present as well, it was clear that both of them had some knowledge about what was going to happen and what was currently unfolding. Yet, she hadn't even shared the slightest hint of it with me.

Wala akong natanggap na sagot galing sa kanya. Instead, she took my hand and gently guided me into her car. I couldn't muster a reaction, and before I knew it, I found myself seated inside her car while she took control of the wheel.