SPECIAL CHAPTER II

I slowly opened my eyes as I felt a finger gently poking my face. It was a tender yet playful gesture from her.

"My wife is finally awake," she said, wearing a cute grin.

Seeing her smiling in front of me, calling me her wife, after all we've been through, brought a smile to my face. Finally, the dreams I longed for have come true, and I couldn't wish for anything more than her happiness with me.

"Good morning, my sunshine," I replied with a smile.

"Honey..." mahinhin na tawag niyang nanlalambing ang tinig.

I can't! My heart!

She's so cuteeeee, my wife's cuteee!

"R-Rhea.." utal ko habang nakatingin sa kanya.

"Hmm?"

"Paki-check ng pulso ko, pleasee.." utos ko dito.

She confusedly furrowed her eyebrows, "Why?"

I playfully mimicked breathlessness, pretending to lose my breath.

"Hey! This is not a good joke!" she noticed my antics while she held my hand pero hindi niya sinunod ang inutos ko.

"You're hella cute—I'm losing breaths," I uttered, still lying down while she leaned on her hand, peering at me.

Gumuhit ang ngiti sa labi niya at tinampal ang balikat ko.

"Corny!" sigaw niya.

"Corny ‘yon? Kinilig ka nga." Sagot ko sabay hinawakan ang pisngi niya.

"You made me worried for a second there," she said rolling her eyes on me.

"At least seconds lang hindi minuto." Pilosopo kong sagot kaya nakatikim na naman ako ng tampal bago siya humig sa balikat ko.

It's our first day as a married couple, and now, wala akong planong gawin except spending my time with her in our mansion.

"Any plans for today?" I asked her while gently combing her hair with my fingers.

"I don't know... I have many but I can't choose, what about you?" she asked back.

"If you've got a lot of plans in mind, I'm the opposite. I can't think of anything except spending time with you here in our mansion, doing things couples do, and getting accustomed to this place," I expressed.

"I agree it's a good idea, but it sounds a bit dull to me," her voice shifted as if she had something in mind.

"Why do you find it boring?" I turned to look at her.

"It's typical for newlyweds to explore a new house, but for me, it would be better if we spend our first day venturing outside, going wherever we please," she gently suggested. Well, she has a point.

"I might consider staying home when we have kids..." She sat up, "I wouldn't mind spending time with you and our children in this home."

Considering her point, the idea of building a family together brought a warm and comforting feeling on me.

She jumps our of bed with enthusiasm.

"Can you imagine? Our own little ones running around, filling this place with laughter and love! I can see it so clearly and I can't wait for it." She smiled, her eyes brightened.

She's really excited to have a baby.

I rested my elbow on my pillow and studied her expressive face. "Yes baby, that sounds wonderful," I answered, my heart warming at the thought of starting a family with the woman I was once wished.