Chapter - 43

Recap: Goutham and Mithra have their private haldi and mehendi ceremony.

*******************

Mithra woke up early in the morning and stood before the mirror and smiled at her flushed face. Her eyes caught the frame of their family photo that hung on the wall. She slowly touched the frame and the smiles of their faces pricked her heart.

Mithra: I m sorry amma, appa, Vinay. I know you will be heart broken when you come to now about my life's decision. Promise I never had any idea of falling in love let alone getting married. Though you were very stubborn in bringing up in your conservative way I never had complaints about that but I always had the void that I was missing something in my life. I cared less to even think of what I was missing in all the 30 years of my life but I knew what it was the moment I met Goutham. 

You may think I made a decision in an impulse to fall in love but no, I would have regretted all my life If I had not fallen in love with him. My life would have been meaningless without him. It would have been an injustice to the word love itself if I had rejected him. He is epitome of love and care. I promise you will love him like your own son when you know about him. I m not feeling even an ounce of guilt for this decision because I have come to the point were Mithra couldn't exist without Goutham. I need him like oxygen to breathe. He has done so much for me and still there are things which I m not aware of and now its my time to stand for our love, to stand by him. I can't leave him for anyone and that doesn't mean I don't love you all, I do. I will never regret marrying Goutham today or any day. Hope you will all forgive me one day. Please bless us for our new beginning of our life.

She pulled the suitcase and started packing her things for her travel. Once she was done she entered the washroom to get ready. By 8 she came down with her suitcase and saw her family smiling at her.

Mithra: You are so happy to have a week without me is it ?

Kavitha: illa, oru periya adhisayam nadandhuchu adhaan happy ah irukkom. (No, a wonder happened today that made us happy.)

Mithra: And what is that ?

Kavitha: Un thambi kovil ku poitu vandhurukkan. Ennala namba mudiyala. ( Your brother went to temple and I can't believe this )

Mithra saw Vinay holding a small paper in his hand.

Vinay: Why do you all exaggerate things ? My sister is travelling abroad for the first time so I did a prayer for her and whats wrong in this ? I don't pray for me but for Mithu and her life I will do anything. Today is her big day so she needs blessings. Amma, Appa you both come and bless her now. 

Raghuvaran glared at Vinay still he stood with Kavitha next to him and Mithra took their blessings. Raghuvaran and Kavitha took a pinch of the holy ash from the paper fold in Vinay's hand and applied on Mithra's forehead. Mithra felt so happy to have their blessings and pulled Vinay hugging him.

Mithra: Thank you Vinay, you don't know how much this mean to me.

Vinay: You deserve every bit of happiness in this world Mithu. Remember I m always with you.

Kavitha: Edhukku ivlo ice vekkuran ? ( Why are you cajoling her ?)

Vinay: Oh I have list of things to be bought from London so I had to do all this.

Mithra smacked his head and Vinay placed a paper in her handbag requesting her to buy everything from the list. Mithra ruffled his hair and left without having breakfast as it was a ritual in south india that bride and groom fast until getting married. She got in the car and bade bye to them.

An hour later Mithra arrived at the penthouse and saw Rehman on heels running from Living to the kitchen. She saw the entire penthouse was decorated with flowers and lights. Every vase was filled with fresh flowers and even the stairs and railings were decorated with flowers. Rehman returned from kitchen and passed a smile to her.