¿

Thursday morning passed with nothing out of the ordinary.

Bring Me The Horizon had no shows to play today, so we just relaxed for the day, and Dad and I were on the best terms we'd ever been on. No secrets between us lifted a million pound weight from my chest, and I felt happier, in spite of everything that girl had said.

We went out a couple times to watch Spiritbox, Pierce the Veil, and Crown the Empire perform, and I loved every minute of each. 

Jaxon had texted me that morning when their bus had been heading out, but I hadn't heard from him since.

I checked my phone again, and I noticed Lee shooting me 'the look' again. I rolled my eyes and put it away, and I saw him laugh.

Spiritbox burst into a fresh song, and I sang along at the top of my lungs to "Blessed Be." I grinned as the lyrics seemed to cut right into me, Courtney's vocals never sounding better.

She reached the final chorus, and I continued to scream at the top of my lungs.

"And if I lose myself... blessed be, I could survive in these chemicals, for you,

A lonely fool, above, just out of reach, I could survive in these chemicals, for you...

Entombed to die...in catacombs of restless bones...

Consumed alive...this is my home... I'm waiting here for...you..."

As she finished, my world went dark as my eyes were covered from behind.

"Guess who finally made it," a voice sing-songed in my ear, and my grin nearly split my face.

"Jaxon!" I whipped around to face him. It'd been nearly a year since I'd seen him last, but almost nothing had changed. His hair was a little longer, and straighter,  covering a little bit of his left eye in a similar style to his dad's old one. But his eyes were the same, his boyish smirk was the same, and his hug was the same as I threw my arms around his waist.

When I pulled away, I saw my dad eyeing us with a smile, but Lee's eyebrow was quirked upwards. I flipped him off as I pulled away from Jaxon.

"Too bad I missed most of the song. It's one of my favourites." Jaxon said, pointing to the stage.

"Same. But you couldn't have picked a better moment to surprise me." I grinned, holding up my phone, "Mr. I'm-never-gonna-text-back."

He smirked. "Had to keep you in suspense somehow."

Bullet For My Valentine appeared behind him, apparently finally catching up.

"Hey, Matt." I grinned.

"Hazel," he replied with a nod and a smile.

"Oli!" Jaxon cried suddenly, and Dad laughed at his enthusiasm.

"How's it goin', Jaxon?"

"Awesome. Bus ride was too long, though." He shook Dad's hand.

Dad laughed again as Matt rolled his eyes. "Drama queen," he stage whispered to me. I giggled.

Dad and Matt quickly sparked up a conversation about playing time and schedules. 

"So..." Jaxon trailed off, grinning at me, "We've got catching up to do."

I felt myself flush a little, and I adjusted the backpack strap on my shoulder. "You wanna go somewhere more quiet? Or wait 'til they're done?" I motioned towards Spiritbox, who'd launched into "Hurt You."

"Nah, let's go find somewhere less busy and sit down. I just spent a bus ride with four guys who scream for a living." Jaxon grinned, and I laughed, following him from the crowd.