1-17-13

Dear Luke,

I have written this letter over and over again trying to make it right, and I am not going to throw this one away this time. I am going to get straight to the point.

Your absence is making me sad. You have been gone, yet no one can get over it, especially me. It surprised us, and confused us.

Your friends have asked of I am okay, I don't really reply. There is really no way to say how I am feeling. It is like a tornado of emotions in me, and I'm not sure how to express them.

Your mother visits, her eyes are always full of sadness. She blames herself, and I tell her not to worry. I tell her you love her.

As of now, I am laying in my bed, on my stomach under the covers writing in my notebook to you. It is dark, and I have my flashlight shining on the page. If my father knew I was staying up late again, he would talk to me again, saying how he is worried about me. I have not slept in a while, and I am not sure why. But every time I shut my eyes I feel like if I sleep, I will never wake up.

I am not sure if this is because of you or not.

Your presence is gone, and I'm not sure how to feel. You have been gone for a while, and I'm not sure if I am supposed to move on or not. Because it seems everyone around me cannot get over you either.

-May