1-26-13

Dear Luke,

The weather had been getting colder and colder, yet is has not snowed. And memories of you are starting to fade away, until I get in my bed and then it all comes back to me.

Its like, when my mind isn't as rushed as normal I begin to remember your face, your laugh, and your smile. But I can't remember your voice. I can't remember how you sound.

I can only remember your movements, your actions. I can't remember things you have said to me, that part is gone.

Your mothers visits have decreased, and she started working again, trying to think of anything but you. I now have a tutor, and she is too happy for me.

She is trying to get me caught up on my work, and pressures me by saying I will never graduate high school if I continue to lack on my studies.

I do want to graduate and get out of this fucking town. But I feel like even if I try, I will fail.

When I was on the bus coming home from school, I remembered something from long ago which I kind of forgot about.

When I was in Kindergarten, and you were in the second grade, we were playing over at my house and you ripped the head off my barbie doll. I remember you laughing at first, but saw me tearing up and begged me not to tell on you and proceeded to tape the head back on.

That was the first time in a while I actually laughed. Yet it was quiet, and there was no one to hear it except myself and the bus driver.

Maybe, if I try hard enough, I can remember the sound of your voice.

-May