4-1-13

Dear Luke,

Today was Easter. My dad had to work, again. But that is okay, I know being a doctor is tough.

My brother and I went over to your house and met with your mom. She had a couple of relatives over and most of them recognized me.

One of your family members asked if I was your girlfriend, I just laughed a little and told them no. I thought is was funny, my brother did too.

I met your moms new boyfriend, he seemed nice. A lot nicer than her old one. He is a lawyer. You would like him.

I caught up with your mom and we had a long conversation about anything we could possibly talk about. It was nice. And I missed doing that.

Before dinner, when everyone was in the kitchen surrounding the food table, I found myself walking upstairs into your room.

It was messy, of course it was. But it looked completely untouched from when you were last in it.

I am sorry for walking in there and looking around, but when your whole family is here, and you aren't anywhere to be found, it makes me sad.

I noticed a opened box under your bed, and I opened it more and looked through it.

There were photos of everything you loved. You had photos of your friends, your family, bands and song lyrics written on torn pieces of paper.

It made me wonder what exactly was in that notebook your mom gave me.

-May