4-5-13

Dear Luke,

Today I went to your spot. I understand why you went there now. It is beautiful.

The building is old, worn out, but the ceiling has holes in it which allows light to go through. The windows are broken, yet vines of plants come through and wrap around the walls.

I loved it. Ashton and I walked around and talked at some points, mainly about what to take photos of. I took multiple photos of everything.

Ashton had suddenly asked me if I missed you. I was in the middle of taking a photo, and I fidgeted a little when he asked me. But I nodded, not looking at him and I heard him chuckle a little to himself and reply with a quiet 'me too'.

What concerns me though, is the next question he asked. And it was if I liked you in a romantic way.

Don't get me wrong, we are close. But I never thought of us being that close. We are just friends, really good friends. And I know we were mistaken for lovers once or twice, but we are just friends.

Ashton looked disappointed when I shook my head. After a deep breath and after he took a photo of the trees he looked back at me and spoke again. He told me that you liked me in a romantic way.

I feel like he is lying to get my confidence up or something. But if he was serious, I am not really sure why you would actually like me.

Luke, I love you, and maybe it could have been in that way. But you are gone now.

Maybe, if you were here, it would be different.

-May