2-9-13

Dear Luke,

Today is my first birthday without you. I'm 16 now, yet I still feel like I am 15.

I woke up and went downstairs seeing my dad was gone, and then I realized you wouldn't be here either. But my dad came back a couple hours later, giving me a hug as he walked in and said we would go to dinner tonight.

We did go to dinner, it was embarrassing, the people at the restaurant sang to me. I knew that if you were here, you would laugh at my pink face and make fun of me.

We got home and my dad gave me a new pair of headphones and some money. He told me it wasn't much, but I appreciated it anyways.

My brother gave me a happy birthday text and told me he would give me a present when he gets home for spring break. I don't care though.

Then, your mom came by and gave me a card. I thought it was a sweet gesture, and gave her a hug. She gave me some money, and then a photo of us from when we were little, I think it was the day we went to the park on my birthday.

We got 4 foot deep snow, and it stopped yesterday. The roads were fine though, so we had to be careful getting there. School is open tomorrow, which made me kind of mad but I realized that the more snow we have, the more school we have.

It was a good day, and now, it is night time. And I stare at the photo of us and my eyes tear up. This is the first time I cried about you in months. And I realized how much I missed you.

-May