5-24-13

Dear Luke,

Today was it. My last day of being a sophomore. All my finals are over, and I think I did well.

This year had been pure hell, but it ended up okay in the end.

Tonight was the big party and I am nervous, Ashton told me he won't drink for me. The girls in our friend group plan to have a movie night afterwards, we aren't staying long.

I didn't tell my dad about the party. I know here will be alcohol there and possibly drugs. I don't want to worry him.

I simply asked him to drop me off at my friends house, which I did go to and the girls took me to the party.

I met up with Ashton there. He didn't want to drink because graduation was on Sunday, and he told me when he is hung over it takes him a while to recover.

When I was at the party it was terrible. Sweaty guys grinding on drunk girls. Ashton told me not to drink anything, telling me everything was spiked with something.

We left a little later. Ashton knew I was uncomfortable so he just took me to our friends house and dropped me off.

I had a movie night, and I realized that the party wasn't even a big deal. I thought it would be a huge party I would remember for the rest of my life, but honestly, I don't even want to remember it.

-May