3-11-13

Dear Luke,

A lot had happened sense I last wrote to you, and here is why.

In photography, because it has been warm out lately (it has been in the upper 60s for a while now), we went outside to shoot some things.

I got outside with Ashton and we were walking around the school, football field, etc; practicing our shots. We were all alone and I started getting nervous for some reason. I'm not sure why. We got into a little patch of woods and took some photos, and as I was shooting I saw that Ashton was taking photos of me.

I asked him why he was taking photos of me, and he said and I quote "I am trying to capture the sadness in you".

I knew what he meant. He was referring to your absence. I didn't question it, but a little while of silence later he also said and I quote "Also, you are beautiful".

I was a bit taken back by what he said. Mainly because no one has ever called me beautiful except my dad and, when she was here, my mom.

I am not beautiful. A blooming flower is beautiful, a waterfall is beautiful, I am not beautiful.

What is beautiful anyways? Is it just one step up from pretty? I don't get it.

I didn't really say anything to him, and kind of ignored him. But it was kind of hard because he was looking down at me and smiling. It was kind of hard not to look to him.

I feel that maybe I should ignore him. And I know; you are my best friend, you don't want to hear about these things. But Ashton is your friend too.

If you were here, I wonder how you would feel about it.

-May