10

The lessons had passed and Regan was driving. She was grateful that the literature teacher didn't find out of her undone essay, and nothing big had happened to Olivia's hair. Still, it was illogical of how did her hair caught on fire.

Some bad songs that Vesper was listening inside of the car, were ruining Regan's mood. She was annoyed of the bad taste that her friend had. When she'd reach home, she'd hang out at Vesper's house to watch a movie. Her house was so near, that just past three houses after Regan's one.

"Who even listens at these songs?" Regan smacked her forehead.

"What?" Vesper acted like she didn't hear.

"Your songs are terrible, you've got a bad taste, my friend." She stated the fact.

Vesper's eyebrows furrowed and she sighed.

"Oh, so what kind of songs do you prefer, my friend?" She asked with a high pitched voice.

"Rock and classical."

Vesper burst out laughing, "The one who's got really bad taste here is you, my dear. Classical and rock?! They're just like day and night." She taunted.

"Still a thousand times better. So...what am I going to do in your house?" Regan asked, changing the topic with her eyes straight on the road.

"We are going to watch a movie," she exclaimed.

"I know that. But what kind?" Regan asked. As much as a picky reader she was, she was also a picky watcher.

"I'll tell you later when we get there."

"Shouldn't I go to my house and rest first?" Regan suggested, and hoped she'd accept.

"NO, because I know that you'll be lazy if we do so," Vesper replied.

"Okay," Regan said helplessly.

***

The car stopped near Regan's house. She left her bag inside and locked the main door.

"Come on." Vesper yelled annoyed.

They walked together to Vesper's house. It had two floors and a garage space. Is was surprising that Vesper didn't have a car. Regan knew she had a high income.

They entered inside and Regan got a strange and not so pleasant feeling, but didn't act upon it. They came across the living room which was weirdly furnished. The walls of that room were plain and brown colored. Two couches were in front of each other, in grey color. On general, the furnitures were expensive.

"So, where are we going to watch that movie?" Regan asked.

"Right here," the other replied, pointing at the flat screen TV.

Regan didn't want to stay there and couldn't wait to get out. It wasn't that she didn't want to hang out with her friend, it was just this house having a peculiar aura.

She sat on the sofa and looked around the room with a better view. On the corner of the wall, there were a lot of shelves, a bookcase and a study table. The study table had a computer on it, while the wooden shelves held weird souvenirs. There were no words that the wise girl could describe them.

She had never seen them before, most of their materials were made of wood and their shapes were irregular.

Her attention shifted away when she saw Vesper, who came with bags of chips, threw them on the sofa carelessly and started to rummage through CD's and USBs. She looked satisfied after she found what was looking for and put the disk inside the device of the TV.

"Will you tell me now what is this movie you were so obsessed with?" Regan asked annoyed.

"It's a romance movie!"