39

Meanwhile Vesper and her sisters were ready for their evil plan for Regan. Since Allegra was the one who visited Regan first, she led her sisters there. But Circe stopped them on their track.

"Damnit, girls!" She said as she bit her long nails, "He's gonna find out about that."

"How?" Vesper raised an eyebrow.

"He can see us from that mirror!"

"Oh, shit, how we didn't think of that before?" Allegra said as she bit her lower lip.

"In damn with his mirror! Let's go and get it!" Here's what we're gonna do. You two will distract him, while I'll get the mirror. Got the plan?" Vesper said.

"Yes, that's sounds like a great idea." The others agreed.

They smirked to each other and changed their path, to Sirius's chamber. They barged in and found him meditating.

"Oh, hello!" Allegra said, waving her hands. "We were just walking by and..."

"And we thought we'd drop by to say hi!" Circe continued.

Sirius opened his eyes, a look of annoyance and frustration flashing across his face. "What do you three want now?"

"Oh, nothing much!" Circe answered, batting her eyelashes. "We just thought you might be lonely in here."

"Well, you know," Allegra began, taking a step closer to him, "we could always keep you company, if you want."

Upon knowing they were starting their fiascos, he sat on his throne and put his hand on his forehead, having to listen to their shameless comments.

Sirius sighed, clearly unamused. "Enough with your pointless banter. State your purpose or leave."

Circe, undeterred, twirled a strand of her hair and approached Sirius, her voice dripping with faux sweetness. "We just wanted to make sure you're not too stressed, Sirius. Being a powerful sorcerer must be such a burden."

Allegra added with a suggestive smile, "We thought you might need a break, and who better to provide it than us?"

Vesper instead, silently moved towards the ornate hand mirror on the nearby table. She skillfully slipped it into the folds of her robe while Sirius's attention was focused on her sisters.

Allegra leaned in closer and brushed her hand against his shoulder. "You know, we can help you relax in ways you've never imagined."

He recoiled, irritation evident in his eyes. "I don't need your so-called help. Now, get out."

Meanwhile, Vesper concealed the stolen mirror, her eyes narrowing in satisfaction. As her sisters continued their futile attempts to captivate Sirius's attention, Vesper discreetly made her way to the door, mirror safely hidden.

Sirius sighed, his patience wearing out, "Leave."

"Fine. Fine, goth guy." Allegra taunted as she took Circe's arm.

The trio sauntered out, giggling amongst themselves, leaving Sirius to resume his frustrated meditation. Unbeknownst to him, Vesper had successfully acquired the mirror, hidden beneath her robe. The mischievous grin on her face suggested that their plan was proceeding according to their wicked design.

As they were down the hall, they looked at the mirror.

"Let's see how this thing works at least. What are we going to do with it?" Circe asked, eyeing both her sisters.

"We're going to break it, what else? Sirius is never going to find his precious mirror." Allegra answered her voice laced with inner satisfaction.

"Show me Regan." Vesper said but the mirror didn't respond. She tried again but there was no result.

"Hey, how does this thing even work?! It's not showing anything!" Vesper vented, her frustration evident.

"Either he uses a secret spell, either this isn't the right mirror, dear Vesper." Allegra said, her last sentence dripping with sarcasm.

"This is the right mirror. Anyway, who cares? Let's just break it." Vesper said, as she was going to slam it on the ground.

"Vesper wait, we should keep it. Maybe we learn how it works and then use it on our advantage." Circe said, as she held her hand back.

"Are you both coming or not? I think you forgot about our plan," Allegra said, growing impatient, "just hide this damn mirror somewhere."

Vesper hastily made her way back to her chamber. With a swift motion, she opened a concealed panel in the wall, revealing a hidden vault. The interior glowed with an eerie light as she carefully placed the stolen mirror inside.

Locking the vault securely, Vesper smirked viciously at herself. Never ever did she want him to find his precious mirror again.

Returning back, she found her sisters waiting, their expressions a mix of curiosity and impatience.

"Did you hide it?" The blonde asked.

Vesper nodded, her eyes glinting with cunning. "We'll figure out how to use it later. For now, let's focus on the bigger plan."

"We need to be cautious as well. If Sirius discovers we took the mirror, it could jeopardize everything." Circe said, her voice filled with lingering uncertainty.

Allegra rolled her eyes, dismissing the concern. "He won't even notice it's gone. Now, let's proceed with our original plan for Regan."

They led themselves again to the area where Regan's was being kept. It was in the depth of the castle.

But when they approached, they saw that the dark hall, was guarded by two men in black suits, their reptilian face features left seen.

"Is this for real?" Vesper asked in annoyance.

"What is the meaning of this? He's put a security system down here?" Allegra said, confused.

"Why do you both lack thinking? Of course he will, in order that she escapes." Circe added, trying to reason with her sisters.

"Well then, these guys should move." Allegra retorted. She walked to them and ordered them to move but they didn't shift a muscle. One of the guards said that is was prohibited to go further the area.

"Hey, do you know who you're talking with? Get out of my way or else my magic is going to break your ribs!" Allegra threatened, getting impatient easily.

"We're here by Sirius order." Vesper said, her face crossed by a frown.

"I'll confirm by informing the master." The man in suit said, as he moved his hand on a small device on his ear. Upon realizing what he was doing, Vesper stepped forward and shot a bolt of light that made the guy to launch backwards. Before the other one could react, Allegra did the same and they both landed on their backs, their faces distorted from the sudden attack.

"Well guys, it wouldn't be fair of us to let you suffer like this." Allegra said as her lips turned upwards and she towered above the guards.

"Yes, we are decent ladies." Vesper added, her voice laced with sarcasm, "Circe, put them to sleep."

Circe chanted something and with her hands to the guards directions and they feel into a deep slumber.

Allegra and Vesper grinned and continued on their way. They stumbled upon a dark tall door and Allegra remembered that it was the door to Regan's chamber.

"Well, you both will stay outside." Vesper said, as she turned back, eyeing her sisters.

"What?" Allegra said, her eyebrows furrowing, "Aren't we together in that plan?"

"Yes, we are, but I want to mess with Regan first. I can't wait to do that. And with you two, there, at the same time, it won't work."

The other nodded in dislike as they shifted a bit away. Vesper placed her hand on the cold doorknob. As she twisted it, the door didn't open. Vesper tried again, and it still didn't open.

"Shit! That's locked! Is this the right chamber Allegra?" Vesper asked, her impatience growing.

"I swear that's the door, I remember it very well when that moron, Althea led me here."

As they exchanged words, Vesper heard an unlocking sound coming from the door. It slowly cracked to open and it revealed her long dear frenemy.