40

On the other side, Regan opened the door when she heard female voices. But she never expected to see Vesper there. She blinked a few times, thinking she was imagining all that. But it was really Vesper. Even though her hairs were long and blue, her face was glimmering with dark makeup and her expression didn't look as light as before, Regan recognised her pretty easily.

"Vesper?" she mumbled, not believing who she was seeing. What was Vesper even doing in this place?

"Yes Regan, it's me, Vesper, your best friend." Vesper faked out, her eyes glimmering with toxicity and her voice sweetly deceiving.

"What are you doing here?" Regan asked, walking a bit backwards.

"What kind of question is this Regan? I'm your friend, I've come to help you. I know that Sirius has kidnapped you there. He is going to torture you and then kill you. We should get you out of here as fast as possible," Vesper spoke as she grabbed Regan's cold hands.

However, Regan didn't shift a muscle, she couldn't get the hold of the situation. It wasn't normal for Vesper to come there, in an enchanted realm. Her drastic appearance change and the tone of her voice was unsettling. Regan couldn't trust her.

She slipped her hands away, her eyes searching for any truth in Vesper's eyes.

"What's wrong Regan? You don't want to escape? You don't want to go back on Earth, to your aunt? Do you know how much devastated she is? How much she has been searching for you?" Vesper said, her voice laced with fake concern, "let's go, Regan. Do you want to fall in Sirius's grasp? You're a mere pawn in his grand scheme."

But as Vesper's words took a subjective turn, Regan realized that she knew more beyond the surface and it would be a lie to say that Vesper came here with any real concern. But, part of her, still wanted to believe that Vesper was really willing to help.

"How would you get me out of here Vesper?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"That's a senseless question, come with me before anyone sees us!" Vesper said, her hand reaching out for Regan's, as she couldn't wait to spoil her true nature.

Again, Regan didn't move a muscle. For a moment, she remembered the dinner from yesterday, where she had seen a blue haired girl, hiding herself with her locks. After that, she realized that girl was.... Vesper. Realization fell on her like a icy bucket of water. She jerked her hand away from Vesper's and her expression hardened.

"You're with them, Vesper. You're with them," she said, her voice accusing and shaky.

Vesper, caught a bit aback from Regan's quick realization, decided to play a little longer.

"You don't know what you're talking about Regan. How could I be with them?" Vesper chuckled dryly, a chuckle filled with malice, "I just want to help you escape, get back on earth."

"How long have you been working for Sirius?" Regan accused, her eyes burning with betrayal.

Vesper's smirk faltered for a second and then her expression darkened.

"So you know...." Her voice was as dark and cold as winter night, not as the ways before, "I have to admit, you've improved a bit. I really thought you were going to believe me blindly, as you've always done." She added as she seated on a loveseat, crossing her long legs.

"You knew all this from the beginning, didn't you?" Regan's voice raised.

"Yes, I knew. And you know what? I enjoyed each one of your sufferings." Vesper admitted, her voice malicious.

"Why Vesper? What did I ever do to you?" She asked, her voice slightly shaking.

"You're so naive Regan. You think this is all about you. Well then, it's not!" Vesper furiously said, her eyes filled with hatred, "you think you're the chosen one or something, but you're not! You're just a pawn in Sirius's wicked games, awaiting to be used around."