90

"Seraphina?!" Regan exclaimed, taken aback. She couldn't believe it was really her. She stood up, and pulled her in a hug.

"What are you doing here, my child?" Seraphina asked as she hugged her back, her expression confused, "Are you alone here?"

"I...." Regan trailed off, "Yes, I'm alone."

"And how did you end up here?"

Regan looked around, knowing that there were so many things to tell. But she was so grateful that she found Seraphina. Her mentor was probably going to help her.

They sat down on the wooden bench and Regan told Seraphina most of the things that had happened to her. She also told how she was scared that Sirius might have done something to her but Seraphina cleared up her worries.

"You've been through a lot." Seraphina finally spoke, her gaze distant to the woods, "But are you sure about what you want to do now?"

"Of course I am." Regan answered. "I want to find my mother." She wanted this with all her heart, with every fiber of her being.

"I understand," the other woman nodded, "I'll support you. But where are you starting from? You can't just search her without any trace or clue."

"I know. I have been thinking about....Agnes. The witch you once told me about. She must know something. Where is she prisoned?" Regan asked, her expression a mix of hope and uncertain.

Seraphina nodded, "Yes, she must know. She's imprisoned in one of the underworlds of rouges. Where the worst criminals are imprisoned."

"Underworld of rouges?" The girl raised an eyebrow, "What is that?"

"They are districts of prisons for criminals and other hazardous wizards. They are strictly hidden and guarded."

"And what is the underworld? I mean, is it another realm or planet?" Regan asked again, not grasping the concept of an underworld.

"No, it's not another realm or a planet. It's another dimension. It's like another layer of existence and it's hidden. It's a dark, cold, and twisted place. Magic is corrupted there." Seraphina explained.

"Is it like under the ground?" Regan asked, pointed the ground.

"Similar, but it's not under there. It's not a physical place you can reach by space travel. It's like something floating outside of reality."

"And how can I go there?"

"You can't just go there, Regan. It's not a walk to the park. The underworlds are accessed by portals. Portals are opened by ancient spells. And those spells are known by the realms leaders. And even if you enter, it is guarded by titans and other animals."

"But you know how to open the portals, right? I mean, you're wise and powerful. You can do it, right?" Regan pleaded, hope filling her voice.

Seraphina sighed. "Yes, I can. I can open the portal and take you there. But you must be prepared for what you're about to see and face. And even if you find Agnes there, she won't tell you anything without something in exchange. I'm pretty sure she'd want you to free her. And if this ever happens, it could jeopardize the whole galaxy. You must be very careful with what you do."

"I understand," Regan nodded, "I won't ever do that. But I really need to go there. I have to find my mother and I can't do that without Agnes' help. I promise I'll be careful and I won't do anything that would harm anyone." She looked Seraphina in the eyes, determination burning in her eyes. Agnes was the only one she could ask. She was sure that Sirius also knew something but she knew he was a liar and was going to twist everything.