24

"Oh, hey Vesper," Regan spoke, her voice dripping with boredom, her expression careless. Vesper had a smile on her face, holding her schoolbag.

"Hey, Reggie," Vesper greeted.

Regan couldn't help but frown a little when Vesper entered in. She knew that she was her friend but all she wanted was to stay a bit alone now.

"So, what's up?" she asked, closing the door behind her.

Vesper shrugged, "Oh, you know. Just thought we'd have some fun. I was bored."

"Yeah, me too," Regan said, sitting down on the couch.

Vesper sat beside her, "So, why did you leave so abruptly from school? I mean, I was waiting for you after detention."

Regan sighed, "Oh, that. I just don't want to talk about it."

Vesper was going to speak but Monica stepped in. She greeted Vesper and told Regan to come upstairs with her for a moment and Regan only nodded.

As they entered Monica's room, she closed the door.

"Regan, look. I'm not saying you're insane or anything. I'm just saying that your psychology is a little tangled. But that doesn't mean you're crazy," she said, her voice soft and calm.

"I'm not messed up," Regan retorted, "he's real and he's around here." As she finished her words, she caught a glimpse of the one she was talking about, but when she blinked, he disappeared.

"I know sweetie, he's haunting you and that's what pills and psychological therapy are for." Monica tried to reason with her niece.

Regan smacked her forehead, feeling the tears prickle her eyes. She wanted to make Monica understand, to make her realize that paranormal stuff existed but Monica wasn't going to believe her.

She was tired from explaining it anymore.

"Just don't buy the pills at least. I'm not going to drink them." She said, not looking at her aunt, wiping the tears of.

Then, she walked away from the room and stepped downstairs, trying to collect herself. Vesper was still there, looking down at her phone.

Monica stepped down as well, and Vesper looked at them both, sensing the tension in the air. Monica said that she was going out to do some work out and left.

"You're gonna tell me now," Vesper then said. "We're friends, right? Did your aunt do something?"

"No, she didn't," Regan said, looking away.

Vesper noticed something was wrong. "Hey, you know you can tell me anything, right? Whatever it is, I'll listen and help."

"I know, but it's just stupid," Regan mumbled, sitting on the couch.

"Come on, spill it," Vesper insisted.

With a sigh, Regan began to tell Vesper about what had happened at the doctor's office, how her aunt and the psychiatrist thought she was crazy, how they thought she was just imagining everything. "And then they said some crap about how I should see some psychotherapy and take some pills," she finished, sounding disgusted. "I can't believe they think I'm making this up."

Vesper smirked for a moment but then put a comforting hand on Regan's shoulder. "Hey, I believe you. I mean, I've felt these creepy crawlies and chills in your house."

Regan felt a shiver run down her spine. Creepy crawlies? Were there even creepy crawlies?

"Thanks Vesper. I'm very grateful you do," she replied, her voice grateful, "but I still don't know how to get rid of that haunting feeling. It's just... I can't shake it off. He talks in my mind, he....he.... he's everywhere!"