55

"What's the matter with you, Vesper?" Circe asked her sister, after she found her fuming around.

"Nothing. Leave me alone," Vesper retorted sharply.

"Sirius said that he'll punish you for what you've been up to lately. You're just taking it too far," Circe said, her voice holding a hint of concern. She knew that Vesper was acting impulsive and she didn't want her to suffer by Sirius's wrath.

"Taking it too far? Weren't you and Allegra saying that he had a thing for Regan?"

"It was all a joke," Allegra's voice echoed in the hallway. "We were just trying to build some drama. We didn't think you'd take it so seriously."

"You're just another loser, Allegra. Fuck off!" Vesper yelled, her frustration rising.

Allegra scoffed in annoyance, "Calm down, it's not that deep. You're just trying to get attention, Vesper. Admit it."

Vesper's fists clenched, her face red with anger. Before she could react, Circe put a hand on her shoulder.

"Vesper, you know that Sirius is too cold to form any sort of attachment to anyone. He can't do it with his allies, let alone his enemies," she said trying to reason.

The blondie let out a mocking laugh, not waiting to fuel the matter more, "How do you know that, Circe? Maybe Vesper is right, who knows? It's not uncommon for powerful men to be drawn to strong women."

Vesper's eyes shot daggers in Allegra's way, as she was heavily getting on her nerves.

"Allegra shut up, we all know that this doesn't make sense when it comes to Sirius," Circe retorted.

"So, who is he drawn to? Freaky drunkers like Vesper who try to get others to forcefully love her?"

Vesper's fury boiled over, as she turned to Allegra, "And what about you? You too throw yourself at Sirius and try to seduce him with your fake charms. You're such a hypocrite, stupid, blonde!" Vesper yelled, getting more than ready to fight with Allegra again.

Allegra smirked, unfazed, "Oh please, sis. I was just having some fun. Unlike you, I don't take things so seriously. I, at least, don't get drunk and attempt to sleep with others."

"Fun? Sirius doesn't even care about you. You're ugly and he doesn't like blondies. And you're also terrible at flirting. And yes, I want to sleep with him. What's your problem with that? You're so jealous," Vesper spat, anger and hatred pouring out of her.

Allegra's features twisted into an angry scowl, "And you think he wants to sleep with you?"

"Yes, and I'll make him want me, and I'll have him," Vesper retorted through gritted teeth. "I'm not like you, Allegra. You are just a passing fancy. He uses you and then throws you away."

"And what about you?" Allegra shot back. "You're the same as me, you crave his attention and then you're thrown away. You think you have him all for yourself, but you're just another one of his toys. He doesn't give a fuck about you."

Circe tried to calm them down, but their anger was too great. "Girls, stop it. We're better than that. You should stop fighting for him."

They both glared at Circe, "Shut up, Circe. You don't know what you're talking about," they said in unison.

Circe sighed, smacking her hand against her forehead. "For damn's sake, you two. You're both idiots. You think he gives a fuck about you both? Well, he doesn't. You know what Sirius cares about? Power. That's it. He's using you both to get what he wants, and when he's done, he'll throw you away. No one of you will get to sleep with him, no one will get his attention, and you'll both end up alone and broken. So why don't you just stop this madness and focus on yourselves?"