37

Regan stared at the cadle, still in disbelief of how she was going to make things float using her mind. She shook her head.

"See? Nothing happened."

Seraphina smiled, "You need to believe in yourself and think that you can do it."

The girl rolled her eyes knowing that she wasn't gifted with such ability.

Seraphina took her hand and held it towards the candle. She closed her eyes and the candle suddenly floated from the table, like there was zero gravity. Regan looked dumbfounded, assuming that this wasn't her doing after all. The wise woman released her hand and the candle was still floating.

Regan became a little panicked as she snapped her hands down, and the candle fell on the floor.

"Seraphina this was your magic, not mine." She said with a sad look.

"No, it's yours. I just helped a bit in the start, you were the one who made the candle fall. Come on, try it again with something else.

Regan, growing bored with the numerous repetitive attempts, sighed, "I don't really have any power."

Seraphina chuckled softly, "Patience, my dear. Mastery of such abilities takes time. Let's try again. Clear your mind and focus on the candle."

Regan reluctantly gave it another shot, concentrating on a small pillow. Despite her initial skepticism, she felt a subtle connection to the object. The pillow wavered slightly, lifting off the bed for a brief moment before dropping back down.

"That's it, you're getting the hang of it, it's all about attuning your thoughts with the energy around you." Seraphina encouraged.

Regan felt an excitement raising through her. She still couldn't believe that she would be able to learn these abilities and then challenge ahead.

Meanwhile, Vesper and her sisters were in Sirius's chamber. Vesper had told her sisters the matter about Regan and both of them took it as a better cause to provoke even more mayhem and chaos. They looked at him, as he wandered around with his mirror in hand, being overly drawn in whatever he was looking at. Vesper, sensing that Allegra and Circe were on the verge to do something mischievous, broke the silence.

"So? I thought we were going to talk about some intruder named Finn." Vesper said, her voice dripping with annoyance but she didn't even got the slightest of his attention.

Upon noticing, Allegra and Circe smirked at each other, "He doesn't even care about what you say." Allegra said mischievously as she crossed her arms.

Vesper, angered and trying to prove her sisters wrong, approached the sorcerer quickly and snatched his mirror from his hands, slamming it on the carpet. It didn't break though.

"Hey, are you even listening? You called us here and now you keep getting distracted," Vesper sneered, clenching her jaw. The other witches watched her with a wary eyes, fearing how he may react.

"I'm not getting distracted," he snapped sternly, his gaze on the thrown mirror. "The matter is about Finn. He was in my command but Vlad discovered that he was an infiltrated pawn of lord Magnus, my enemy. Therefore, Finn is being kept in the dungeon, for interrogation and for the secrets he hid-"

"My lord, speaking of secrets, why isn't Regan kept underground and subjected to the same treatment as Finn?" Circe asked a mischievous glint in her eyes.

Allegra added with a playful smile, "After all, if she's our enemy, shouldn't we be extracting information from her?"

Circe leaned closer to Allegra, whispering, "Maybe he has a soft spot for her. The way he watches her through that magical mirror says it all."