58

Soon, they reached a dark corridor, guarded by the armed men. They all stood like statues noticing Sirius's presence.

Sirius glanced at Artemis with a menacing and taunting look as he knocked on the tall door. Then, he told Artemis to go first, since it was her who was going to meet Regan, her long lost sister.

Artemis glared at him with anger and something else that he had seen from many women who wanted his attention....jealousy? He couldn't care less as he stepped aside to not be seen from the door.

As soon as the doors swung open, Artemis stepped in, her steps unsure and uncertain. First, she saw no one in there, but in a corner, she saw a red haired girl with blue eyes, looking at her with confusion.

Artemis stood there in silence, stiff as she felt too overwhelmed, the revelation that her sister was alive was astonishing and unbelievable.

Meanwhile Regan looked at her with curiosity, taking in her fancy and wealthy atture. She peaked her head outside, since the door was still opened. The guards were there but Regan wasn't getting the point. Who was that woman?

"Who are you?" she asked confusedly, upon seeing that the young woman in front of her was mouth sealed.

Then, without warning, she approached Regan and pulled her in a strong hug. Tears threatened to fall in her eyes as she held Regan close.

Meanwhile Regan stood stiff, confused and bewildered at the sudden hug. She furrowed her brows and tried to distance herself.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Regan asked again.

Artemis looked at her, noticing her scar, "Regan, I'm Artemis. I'm your sister." She said and wrapped her hands around Regan again.

"What? Sister?" Regan questioned weirded out. She broke the hug and Artemis took hold of her hands.

"Yes, you're my little sister," Artemis said.

Regan looked at her with disbelief and she didn't know how to react. The least she was going to do was to have an emotional meltdown. She had learned so many foreign things about herself that it didn't felt surreal to find a sister. But still, it overwhelmed her, she had always thought herself as an only kid and even after learning her true origins, it didn't cross her mind that she might had a sibling.

"Well?" She said in uncertain, the skeptical mind kicking in, thinking if that was some sort of trap set by the ones she hated.

As the same moment, she saw the sorcerer, who was leaning on the doorway, his gaze cold but amused nonetheless, a smirk on his face.

"I think I forgot, redhead. I didn't tell you about your sister," He suddenly spoke, his voice dripping with teasery.

"Regan, I've searched so much about you. I thought he had killed you," Artemis said, her voice shaky and Sirius rolled his eyes at hearing her.

"If you thought I had killed her, what were you searching for?" He taunted.

Ignoring him, Artemis continued, squeezing Regan's hands, "Please say something."

Then, something really tugged at Regan's chest. She had a sister, she really had someone from her lineage. Someone had just showed herself, someone who was bonded by blood with her. However, a part of Regan couldn't shake the feeling that this was a plan of Sirius, to manipulate her.

"I....don't know what to say. That's weird." Regan said in uncertainty.

Artemis smiled at her and she stroked her long red hair, "I'm so happy we found each other." She exclaimed and stroked her long red hair.