47

After Seraphina had finished her lessons, she noticed Regan's lingering unease and decided to ask her.

"What's bothering you child?"

She looked up at her and said, "I'm very lost. There are so many things I don't know."

Seraphina sighed in understanding, "Once you seek them, you'll find out."

"It doesn't really works like that, Seraphina."

"You didn't even ask Sirius about your past, did you?" the wise woman said, her voice with slight disappointment.

"You don't just expect me to go and ask that man for my past. It feels awkward."

"I know, Regan. But you have to. It's true, there are so many things you don't know and believe me, you have to know. You should go and demand answers, show your persistence," Seraphina said, her voice filled with persuasion.

It was becoming even harder for Regan. She didn't really know what answers she was looking for.

"Alright, I'll do it," she said, uncertainly.

Seraphina gave her a reassuring smile and collected her spell books.

"Are you coming, or are you going to stay here?" she asked.

"No, I'll stay here for a while," Regan simply answered.

Seraphina nodded and left. Meanwhile Regan, took a deep breath and looked at her surroundings. She saw the little creature from earlier, a half rabbit, half something else, and decided to take a further look at it.

She approached the small animal and stretched her arms out. The animal had touched her ankle before, so she didn't think it was a big deal to pet it.

The animal seemed to be friendly as it approached Regan as well. She took it in her hands and looked at the small, fluffy and cute creature that she couldn't describe.

"What are you?" she asked the creature, who only batted its cute green slit eyes.
As Regan petted the peculiar animal, she took a leisurely stroll around the garden The serenity of the place almost made her forget the daunting mysteries that surrounded her. However, as she wandered among the roses, a familiar chill ran down her spine, reminding her of the haunting dreams she had involving Sirius.

The images of those dreams flashed before her eyes, he trying to choke her, the eerie and mysterious aura and the cryptic messages that left her feeling both disturbed and intrigued. Shaking off the unsettling memories, she realized she hated that place and couldn't even breathe properly around it. She decided it was time to return inside the castle.

As for the little animal, she let it on a bench and saw its eyes widening, as if it didn't want Regan to leave. But she couldn't just bring an animal with her. Was she even allowed to do that?

She walked the way back she came. The grand doors opened themselves as she touched the doorknob. And then, something so sudden happened.

A cascade of icy water poured down on her, leaving her shivering and startled. Laughter echoed through the hall, and when Regan looked up, there was Vesper, malicious satisfaction etched on her face, her striking blue hair pulled into a high sleeky ponytail.

Regan clenched her fists, her hair dripping water and clothes clinging uncomfortably to her body. She glared at Vesper, who continued to revel in her own mischief.

"Hello, Reggie. Did you enjoy your little lesson time?" Vesper asked, her face taken the turn of a joker one.

"You fool! What do you want now? Leave me alone!" Regan shouted, feeling herself shivering from the cold chills, wrapping her hands on her upper arms.