52

Regan saw as he leaned closer, his eyes boring on hers. They were captivating. His hand reached out, brushing a strand of hair from her face. Regan's breath caught in her throat as she instinctively leaned back, away from him.

"Don't touch me," she said, her voice trembling slightly.

"Why not?" he whispered, his voice low and dangerous. He placed his hand on the wall next to her head, effectively trapping her in place. He leaned in closer, his lips dangerously close to hers. "Afraid of what might happen if I do? Afraid of me? Why are you afraid, Regan?" he murmured, his breath warm against her skin. Regan's heart pounded in her chest, torn between fear and anger.

"I'm not afraid of you," she replied, her voice steady despite the tremble in her hands. "I'm not afraid of anything."

Sirius chuckled, the sound sending shivers down her spine. "You shouldn't be," he whispered, his lips brushing against hers in a tantalizingly soft touch.

Regan's mind raced, her thoughts chaotic as she struggled to maintain her composure. He closed the remaining gap to claim her lips, his hand sliding from the wall to cup her cheek gently. Regan's heart pounded in her chest crazily. She wanted to push him away, to escape his grasp, but a part of her didn't want to.

She closed her eyes, trying to block out the overwhelming sensations coursing through her. This wasn't right. She couldn't let herself be swayed by him, by his charm or his power. But as his lips lingered against hers, she felt herself melting.

"You've sealed it completely," he murmured against her lips, his voice low and husky. "And if before there was doubt, now you're utterly bound to me." With those words, he kissed her again, deeper this time, as if conveying something he couldn't say. Regan's mind was a whole growing mess, but deep down, she knew she couldn't deny the undeniable connection between them, no matter how much she wanted to resist.

He pulled back and smiled as he stared down at her, his eyes filled with a strange sense of amusement and affection, "You want to be mine? My wife? My enemy? Or perhaps all three?" His words echoed in her mind, leaving her feeling both exhilarated and terrified at the same time.

She couldn't make sense of what was happening. He had kissed her twice and she liked it. She felt like she was under some sort of spell. The words faded in her throat and her mind spun with thoughts.

His hand clasped hers and he led her away from the dungeon, his touch possessive yet gentle. He brought her hand to his lips, pressing a soft kiss against her knuckles. Regan's heart fluttered at the gesture, her mind still reeling from the intensity of his kiss.

"Is this real?" he whispered, his voice barely audible over the pounding of her heart.

Regan looked into his eyes, searching for any sign of deceit or manipulation. But all she saw was raw emotion, a vulnerability she hadn't expected from someone like him. It was disarming, and she found herself unable to look away.

"I don't know," she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper. "But I want it to be."

His eyes shone with a mixture of surprise and something deeper, something she could call love. He pulled her close, wrapping his arms around her in a comforting embrace. Regan hesitated for a moment before leaning on his chest, allowing herself to be enveloped by his warmth. "I love you, I love you so much," he whispered against her hair, kissing her forehead gently.

Her heart raced at his words, a flood of emotions washing over her. She never expected to hear those words from him, and yet, there they were, spoken with such sincerity that she couldn't doubt their truth. "I love you too," she whispered back, her voice barely audible but filled with conviction.