67

"This is the city of lights," Artemis said, gazing at the tall buildings, "it's the most popular city in the North."

"Yes, it's nice and futuristic," Regan commented, admiring the place, "it's like being in a completely different world from the fortress."

As they walked around the market, Regan looked through the clothes, which were suited for the freezing temperatures.

Another girl was looking there as well, her appearance slightly different from the locals. She had brown hair, tanned skin and hazel eyes. Her clothes were just the same as other locals, however, her appearance differed.

Almost everyone was pale as snow, with white hairs and white eyes. The girl caught Regan's gaze with a cheeky smile, "You don't seem northern. What brought you into this dead land?" she asked with a slight accent.

Artemis turned to the girl with a frown, obviously not amused. "We're here on a... business trip," she said carefully, not sure how to respond to the stranger's question.

Regan, instead, wanted to talk to the girl, and as soon as Artemis walked ahead, she turned, "Yeah, I'm not from here. I'm from another realm. What about you?"

The brunette smiled, "I'm Iris, I'm from the South, but my land got destroyed. I've moved here temporarily with my family. It's a dried and freezing place, except for the City of Lights. Even here, it's expensive to put your foot in."

Artemis looked back, glancing at the two of them suspiciously. Regan ignored her, instead turned to the girl, "Oh, I'm Cornelia. What's it like in the South? Do you miss it?"

The girl's expression turned somber for a moment, "Yes, I miss it. It was beautiful, warm... and full of life. But he colonized it. And no one dared to fight back."

Regan's eyebrows furrowed, "Who was that? Who was that merciless conqueror?"

Iris sighed, a vengeful expression taking over her, "They call him, Sirius, The Ruthless, the tyrant. He's well known everywhere. A cruel sorcerer who seeks power and obedience. He destroys and enslaves many lands. I wish there was someone else who had guts to bring him down....," Her voice trailed off, the anger and frustration obvious in her expression.

Regan's eyes widened in shock, "He lives in Silvertide," she voiced out, "I know him."

"Silvertide?" Iris asked, clearly confused, "They say he's extraordinarily beautiful. Have you seen him? I'm asking because I've never had. They say that once you lay eyes on him, you either die, or fall in love. But, I don't believe this."

Heat crept through Regan's cheeks as she realized she'd just admitted to knowing Sirius, "I mean... not personally, but I've heard of him," she stammered, trying to cover herself, "I know he's a criminal, and for certain, what everyone says, isn't true. He's not that beautiful," Regan said, although she knew the doubt lingering in.

"Of course he's beautiful, he has such a perfect and defined face. His eyebrows are long and straight and his eyes are a unique shade of blue. His long black eyelashes are more than pretty. His voice is deep and just as beautiful and his straight-wavy raven-like hair, sometimes covers his forehead, sometimes not. And the way he dresses, is so elegant and graceful. I hate him to the core, but I can't deny that. I'm nowhere close to beautiful, nor have I ever seen any other guy," thought herself.

"Damnit!" Regan mumbled to herself, "I didn't just think that."

"Have you been living in Silvertide?" Iris asked, leaning on the clothes rack.

"Yes, for some time. He's just as cruel. I completely understand you, he destroyed my land as well," Regan vented, clearly frustrated with herself. She felt guilty for thinking about Sirius's appearance. But she couldn't help it, although he was her enemy, he still was gorgeous. She didn't have any intentions of relying on that, nevertheless. His beauty was purely perceived by her.