88

As they walked deeper into the forest, Regan grew very wary of their surroundings. She knew the forest was a trappy and dark place. She watched the general with suspicious eyes, fearing that he might be playing some games on them.

Raven on the other hand looked as if she was going to kill him second by second. Even a wrong move from him, he was going to be dead. Jack was skeptical as well, telling that they had to be careful. Only Iris was on her dream land, walking with him, some feet away.

"I'm getting quite pissed off." Regan whispered, "I don't want us to get trapped again, where's he going?"

"I don't know but I don't think he's the idiot to try and mess with us." Raven whispered back.

"Yes, he was quite genuine back at the dungeon." Jack added.

A thought hit Regan's mind. She hadn't even asked them what had happened to them down the dungeons. They didn't look very bad but they didn't look very good either. Iris looked better than them.

"What happened down there? Did you get mistreated?" Regan whispered, "What about Iris?"

"I don't know much about Iris," Jack shrugged, "But I was beaten up pretty badly. As for Raven, she was interrogated. She was hard on them and they had to constantly inject her with something to keep her going. I tried to help her, but I was pretty much out of it." He sighed, a look of shame crossing his face.

"And what about the general?" Regan asked.

"I don't know." Jack shrugged again, "Our cellars weren't near. We didn't even know where Iris was. She and the general appeared back then and they said they were gonna help us. We were shocked that he was going to help but he really did. At least up until now." He looked at the general, still not sure what to think of him.

"But if that son of a bitch betrays us...." Raven threatened in a low growl.

Regan walked further, to where Iris and the general were. Without a warning, she caught Iris's arm yanking her a bit closer. "What's going on with you two? Are you really a couple now?"

Iris blushed and smiled shyly. "Well, we're not exactly...but I'm grateful to him for what he's done for us. He's not as bad as everyone thinks."

Regan shook her head, "You don't even know his name. And how do you know he's not playing some game? He can just betray us and drag us to some trap, you know?"

"He won't," Iris retorted, "and I know his name, it's Ryder.

The general turned to them, raising an eyebrow. "And what about you Ingrid? How many names do you have?" He looked at Regan.

"Certainly not Ingrid." Regan retorted.

He shook his head, his expression still, "I'm not the only one with secrets, Regan. In know who you are now. And you are precious to him."

The general's words made Regan pause. She had no idea what he was talking about. Precious to who?

"What are you saying?" Regan snapped, "Who am I?"

The general glanced back, where Jack and Raven were, "You're the lost princess of Avalon. Iris told me." He said, his voice lower.

"You told him?!" Regan snapped, her eyes widened in disbelief. She couldn't believe Iris had told that, to her enemy.

"Well...." Iris glanced around, "I couldn't keep it much longer. He was right in the next cell and I told him that. I mean, first I did it because I wanted to scare him off." She cracked a sheepish smile.

"And I'm sure he was terrified." Regan rolled her eyes.

The general chuckled, "I must admit, I didn't believe it at first. There was no way you would be alive. But then I found out how Sirius didn't torture you and he didn't kill you when he found you... It was all very strange. And then with your powers, it was quite convincing. But if we follow the logic, he should have killed you. You're his enemy after all."