48

Regan sat on the edge of her bed, overthinking the challenge she set herself, knowing there was no way back, she couldn't cancel it.

Even when she thought about it, it was crazy. She was in a place with witches. She was a witch as well. And now, she was going to fight someone she considered a friend before.

She tried to seek out for Seraphina, but the woman had already left, much to her dislike. Regan was captured by her usual anxiety. The whole time, she tried to work with her fire powers and she tried to prepare herself for defending, if not being able to attack back.

She paced nervously in her chamber, attempting to practice her fire powers, but she felt an overwhelming weakness and uncertainty. The flames flickered weakly at her command, leaving her frustrated and anxious. Time seemed to stretch endlessly as she waited for the challenge with Vesper, her nerves intensifying with each passing moment.

When the moment finally arrived, Regan walked into the garden, finding Vesper standing with a wicked triumph grin. The sun hadn't disappeared yet and the horizon was bright enough, illuminated by the planets in the sky. Allegra and Circe stood by the side of the battlefield, the blonde's expression mirroring Vesper's, while Circe was eager to know how the confrontation would go.

As Regan walked closer, her stomach twisted into a nervous knot. She hated that feeling, loathed it with all her heart. These fights were new for her, she had no idea how they were done.

Upon noticing her restlessness, Vesper chuckled darkly, "This is going to be your first but not last defeat, Reggie," she sneered, her eyes glimmering with evilness, "You'll regret defying me."

Regan gulped, she didn't want to lose, didn't want to be mocked around and didn't want to come as weak anymore. She blamed herself for setting such challenges but now it was done, she had to bring her courage up and not believe Vesper's infectious words.

The air grew heavier although they were outside. The sorcerer, hidden in the shadows of his castle, was more than keen to observe. His eyes lingered on his enemy, knowing that she wasn't as weak as she was perceived by the others.

The fight began with Vesper, who started to shoot electric energy bolts to Regan, who easily dodged, her fear rising second by second, knowing she was at stake.

Vesper continued with her spells of energy and Regan kept dodging. Suddenly, she got struck on her arm and winced in pain. Vesper grinned cruelly, "Surrender, Regan. Only if you don't want to die."

Regan's pain subsided quickly and anger rose in her veins. She couldn't let herself lose. She couldn't let Vesper win.

As the witch prepared to hit again, Regan tried to summon her strength and stretched her arms in defense, creating barrier of flames, that blocked Vesper's spells.

Allegra and Circe watched in uncertainty and displeasure, while the sorcerer couldn't help but smirk.

Vesper's face twisted into a frown as she grew more impatient and furious. She shot endless bolts of energy. Regan's shield subsided and that time and shecw wanted to try something different.

As she dodged Vesper's attacks, she got fueled by anger and determination and unleashed her flames with an intensity she didn't know she possessed.

The fire responded to her emotions, dancing and swirling around her as she shot fiery projectiles towards Vesper way. The once-confident witch found herself on the defensive, struggling to evade the relentless onslaught.

As the flames enveloped Vesper, Regan's anger seemed to intensify. She created a circle of fire around Vesper, trapping her within its blazing confines. The heat was palpable, and Vesper's expression shifted from arrogance to panic. The fire licked at her, making her vulnerable and defenseless.