19

It was afternoon. The air was warm and the soft breeze of wind was brushing Regan's hair gently. The sky was painted into shades of orange and blue. Regan was sitting on an old bench in front of her house, deep in thought. She couldn't believe she had told her aunt and Vesper and the worst was that neither of them believed her.

She couldn't stop wondering what Vesper was thinking, if she even knew. She called and texted her, but there was no response.

It should have been expected. That's why she always kept her strange experiences to herself and didn't want to tell anyone. No one would ever understand her. She was lonely, she knew, even that she didn't want to admit it.

The air seemed to crackle with footsteps, loud footsteps of heels. Regan snapped of her thoughts and noticed it was Vesper, appearing from somewhere far the end of the road. She was dressed in expensive and fancy clothes. She had on a tight blue dress, it was off shoulder and hugged her figure tightly. She had paired it with black heels and her hair was put up in a messy bun.

"Why is she dressed like that?" Regan muttered to herself.

As Vesper approached, she noticed Regan. Her features twisted into a frown, probably not expecting Regan here. But she was sitting in front of her house after all.

"Vesper? Where you in a party?" Regan asked when Vesper got closer. She seemed restless.

"I was at some event. Nothing important," she replied with annoyance.

"Oh, well... about what I told you earlier..." Regan shrugged, her embarrassment showing.

Vesper didn't say anything for a while. Regan was only left to think that she sounded stupid, ridiculous. Little did she know, Vesper had her own matters. Matters that Regan couldn't even imagine. Her friend wouldn't reveal her true self, not now. She wouldn't admit that she wasn't the person Regan believed her to be.

But did they knew each other so well to know what one another believed?

"No, I believe you," Vesper suddenly spoke, a smile on her face. But who would ever know if it was all just an act?

Regan went eyes wide at hearing this.

"No, Vesper, you can say it. It's not a big deal after all. You can say that you think I need mental help," Regan dryly said, crossing her arms.

"I said I believe you. Why are you so stubborn?" Vesper snapped back. She sat beside Regan and sighed.

Regan looked at her surprised. Her heart felt a glimmer of hope.

"Really? You really do?" She asked, her voice filled with disbelief.

Vesper was already getting annoyed that this girl questioned everything more then once. Yes, she did.

"Yes, I do and stop asking me," Vesper said and pulled her into a hug, "and I'm sorry that I left like that before, I had this stupid party to go."

"It doesn't matter, what matters is that you believe me," Regan exclaimed, breaking the hug. A smile formed on her face. Finally someone believed her.

"What party did you go in?" She asked curiously, brushing her hair out of her face.

"Uh...my sister had a party with her friends and I had to attend. It was dull and boring," Vesper said looking around the neighborhood. "Why are you so sad? If it's about these nightmares and the house..." She asked after some silence, her voice feigned with concern. Well, maybe because she didn't really care about it or at least it wasn't the biggest problem out there.

"No, I just... I told my aunt everything," Regan admitted, feeling a wave of embarrassment wash over her, "I shouldn't have done this," she added with a voice filled with regret and sadness.