41

"What the hell was that? Who orchestrated that stupid plan of yours? You, Vesper?" Sirius growled, his gaze burning with accusations towards her.

"Me? No!" Vesper quickly defended, throwing glances to her sisters.

"Yes, Sirius, Vesper wasn't the idealist of that plan. Circe convinced us to this." Allegra supported Vesper, throwing the fault to Circe, who defended herself quickly.

"Trying to blame me, huh? This was your plan in the first place!"

"Silence! Where's my magical mirror?" Sirius demanded.

Realization hit upon the sisters as they exchanged uneasy glances. The blonde silently told Vesper to not tell anything and pretend they didn't know.

As he led them to his chamber, they were thinking of how to justify their actions. He sat on his throne, "So? The mirror?" He demanded again, his expression impatient and angered.

"Which mirror?" the blondie mumbled, avoiding eye contact.

"Don't play dumb with me, Allegra. The mirror disappeared right after you three exited from my chamber."

"I don't know, Sirius, you might as well ask these other ones standing there," the blonde said, ironically, trying to shift the attention from her.

"We don't know where the mirror is, why would we even get your mirror?" Vesper said, her voice steady, trying to hold her composure. She knew it was bad to get on his wrath. But he had been getting on their nerves for so long.

Sirius sighed as he got up from his throne, his steps menacing. He walked closer and towered over her, his voice dark and cold. "Don't you dare play me, Vesper. You three are in this together, and I know it. Now, tell me where the mirror is, or I swear I'll make you all regret it. I'll make you beg for mercy and I won't spare any of you."

As Sirius spoke, his words seemed to hang in the air, their weight heavy with fear and ruthlessness. The sisters exchanged nervous glances, their fear of him mixing with their fear of the consequences of their actions. They didn't dare speak, afraid that any word out of their mouths might make the situation worse.

"Well, uh...we...we didn't take that mirror. I mean...it wasn't really necessary, why would we do this, master? Perhaps you lost it, or some servant took it." Circe managed to stammer.

Sirius glared at her, his suspicion evident. "You expect me to believe that nonsense? That someone just took my mirror?"

Vesper, attempting to salvage the situation, took a step closer with a seductive smile. "Sirius, we wouldn't dare betray you. We are allies...."

"Shut up, Vesper," Sirius snapped. "Now, you either tell the truth or face the consequences. I don't have all the day."

Vesper bit her lip, trying to come with something better. She looked at Allegra, who was as scared. She exchanged knowing looks with her and Allegra swallowed nervously, forcing her voice to take a sweeter and alluring edge.

"She's saying the truth, master. We would never risk your wrath. The mirror is surely misplaced. We'll find it if you wish." He didn't answer and she took it as an opportunity to take steps closer and cling to his arm.

He, on the other hand, knew it was a scheme. But he didn't do anything at first, waiting for them to continue their shameless behaviour.

Vesper nodded, smiling, "You know that, Sirius. There's nothing we wouldn't help you with. We're here for you." She walked over to him, placing her hand on his shoulder.

Circe remained on the corner, watching her sisters futile and cringe attempts. She tried to hold back a laughter, but still hoped they'd succeed at this point. The truth was, she wanted them both punished, they threw all the fault on her, but if they got punished, she'd get punished as well, so it was the same thing.