59

Regan kept on following Artemis's lead clueless. She didn't know what to feel. To feel happy was foreign, despite there wasn't anything that was willing of her to not escape.

She was skeptical, because she had no idea where she was going. As soon as the truth appeared and she'd finally be free for her own belief, that time she'd feel genuinely happy.

Artemis was silent and she didn't speak a single word. Regan was still shocked by the revelation of her being her sister and there were millions of questions in her mind that she couldn't bring herself to ask.

Tightening the cloak around her, she secured the dagger she held.
"Where are we going?" She finally asked, her impatience raising. The forest was deep and dark, an unsettling air of mystery scattering around.

Artemis slowed in her steps and replied blankly, "I don't know."

Regan mentally facepalmed herself, "How? I mean, where does the road lead?"

"I can be certain that we'll pass this realm for sure."

"And then, what?"

"Then.... I'm not sure. I'm thinking about it."

Regan didn't answer. It felt awkward and uncertain. A fear lingered on her as she would constantly turn her head behind.

"That seems like a trap. I'm sure we're being followed." She said, her voice filled with annoyance instead of fear, as she was tired of being scared anymore.

"That's just another game. He wouldn't do any good without bad intention." She added, her voice hopeless and bored.

Artemis shook her head, "Quick your pace, Regan. Followed or not, the deal is a deal. You're not going to be captured." She reassured.

"Even if it's supposed to happen, I'd rather die than go back there." Regan replied frowning.

Artemis took a deep breath and asked her, her voice lowered and a bit unnerved, "How were you treated there? Were you tortured?"

The girl pondered the question. Deep down she knew she wasn't treated bad, nothing close to bad. For someone who was held a captive, she could have been worse. Being left in the cold and creepy dungeons, starving and getting beaten up, sleeping with mice sounds in her ears, it could have been extremely much worse.

However, she wasn't going to accept her isolate but fancy imprisonment. She couldn't swallow the pride and be sincerely honest.

"It doesn't matter. I don't care." She blankly answered.

Artemis didn't press more. She wanted to ask her about Sirius but couldn't bring herself to.

The air on the forest was getting denser and thicker with the chilling eerie of the unknown. Regan stood close by Artemis, knowing it wasn't the best position to be nevertheless. Something else was getting to her, she forgot her sister's name.

Constantly, she glared at the servant girl. For some reason, she didn't look trustful. Regan saw her with suspicion and assumed that she might play a role in the trap. After all, Regan didn't believe in anyone. Even as she followed Artemis, she knew for sure that Sirius was well aware of her doings.

"So, what is the deal that Sirius made?" She asked her sister as she approached, noticing that the maid was further away.  Artemis was waiting for this to come. She sighed as they kept on walking.

"He told me to vanish into thin air and to disappear from the magical realms. To never ever cross with his dominions, realms, plans, whatever it's his. That's why he released you. That's mostly directed towards you, Regan." Artemis said, not looking back at Regan. Regan's eyebrows furrowed as she caught the point too soon, her anger rose inside but Artemis spoke again.