79

Regan took a deep breath. She knew her and training didn't get along. Maybe Iris had trained before but she hadn't. So, even if she'd lose somewhere, she wasn't going to cry about it.

Before she would run in the track, an officer assigned a different route for her. She ran nonetheless and passed one barrier. Then, she went on the climb of the wall and passed it as well. After it, she had to jump on some pointy platforms that Iris had jumped as well. However, she didn't land nicely an she fell in the mud. She heard laughs from everyone and her blood boiled hot.

She stepped out, drenched in mud, her attire sticking uncomfortably. She went behind Jack and Iris. Iris held a triumphant grin but quickly gave Regan a sympathetic look and told her to not worry about it.

Regan felt herself as an excessive person, in the middle of nowhere.

"Alright, that's enough for today! Turn back in your tents." The general shouted. Each soldier stopped their training, their faces full of sweat, their expressions tired. Slowly, the square deserted itself and the soldiers disappeared on their tents or behind some other buildings.

"Don't worry, Ingrid. We didn't come here to take part in the competitions." Jack told Regan and gave her an assuring smile.

Regan didn't say anything, she just nodded. They were the only one left in the field, the general and the officer eyeing them suspiciously.

"See, I knew you were amateurs. Only that woman scored higher." He said, as he pointed at Iris. Iris smiled cheekily in return, while Jack and Regan stood indifferent, "But I'm going to give you a chance, little pricks. I'm not banishing you. Not yet."

Regan glared at the general, getting reminded of Sirius's arrogance.

"Whatever you say, do we have a tent, at least?" She asked, her voice tinged with annoyance.

The general looked at her in disdain, "Yes, It's behind those other tents," he pointed somewhere, "Lieutenant, lead them there." He ordered the other man.

The lieutenant nodded and quickly led them to their tents. The tents were close to each other, the whole place filled with tents. Regan hated the surroundings. The soldiers and their tents were awfully close. The night had slowly crept in, the sky filled with endless stars and two small pink moons.

"Well, at least he didn't banish us." Iris sighed as she looked inside her tent. It was small with a rolling up bed, a place to cook or eat and a closet.

"You're saying that because you got his attention." Jack scoffed as he laughed. Regan couldn't help but chuckle as well.

"And why do you care? You're just mad that you couldn't even pass the first level." Iris crossed her arms, glaring at him.

"I don't brag, at least. I didn't come here for these stupid contests." Jack retorted, his expression careless.

"Yes, guys. That's not important. We have to remember the reason why we're here. We have to do the rebellion quickly, before Sirius comes here as well. I don't want to risk anyone innocent." Regan said, looking outside.

"But how?" Iris asked.

"I know you're tired, but there's no place for sleep. We have to find some rebels out here. Maybe there are some locals left who are willing to rebel against and are just powerless. I believe they are here."

"I think so. Not every southern would be willing to be under Sirius's reign and his commanders." Iris said.

"That's what I'm saying." Regan said.

"Alright. But let's just rest a bit." Jack added, leaning on the rolling up bed.

"Hey, that's my bed," Iris hissed, "you can go to your own tent, you know?"