42

Seraphina came again for Regan's lessons and this time, she was determined to learn magic and spells quickly, because she realized that this was the way to survive in this weird dimension, in which she didn't even know what lay outside the walls of the castle.

During the night, she didn't sleep at all. Vesper's image and lies lingered in her mind. They made her mad and furious: of how she had been so blind to not see who Vesper really was. Of course, back then, Regan would never had thought that Vesper was an evil sorceress, but she could have realized her schemes, at least.

However, she decided to not care about Vesper anymore. Her intentions were clear, she wanted to finish Regan off, just like her master.

Despite being alone in her path, Regan believed in God and had hope that she'd survive. Even that everyone there hated her, except Seraphina, who wanted to help Regan into affirming her powers.

Seraphina reminded her of her aunt, whom Regan's hadn't seen in some days. While she kept tracking the time that passed on her captiveness, calculating the sunrise and sunset, there had been like four days there. But Regan wasn't sure about that, at least she knew that both day and night lasted way longer than that on earth.

She wondered of how much time had it passed on earth and how much things had changed.

"I see you're getting good with telekinesis." Seraphina interrupted Regan's thoughts.

"Yes, you don't have to explain more about it. I want to know more about that fire power. How can I use it? Yesterday, I actually kind of defended myself from getting hit."

"Who tried to hit you?" Seraphina asked, her eyebrows furrowing.

Regan shok her head, trying to shove the bitter memory away, "These witches around."

"You mean, the three evil sisters?"

"One of them is Vesper." Regan said.

"Right, the evil witches. That was why Sirius was so angry yesterday," Seraphina sighed, "Those witches have been causing trouble in the realm for quite some time. Their allegiance with Sirius gives them a certain level of protection, but even he grows weary of their antics."

"Why does he rule that place? Please don't tell me he's a royal member." Regan asked, a hint of frustration in her voice.

"No, he's not a royal member, he is a ruler driven by power and dominance. This realm exists as his domain, and he seeks to maintain control. There are also other realms under his reign."

Regan's eyebrows furrowed, feelings jealous that he had such influence. She asked Seraphina about how these realms worked and the wise woman told her that they were different, distinct even. Some had magic, some didn't. Traveling between them was possible through interstellar travel and portals. Only a few were allowed to enter the portals, though. They were immediate ways to travel to other dimension.

Then, Regan asked her if everyone was able to learn magic. Seraphina told her that not everyone possesses magic. Those who do, had to train and practice to get the hang of it. Regan was even more curious and she asked about electricity, if it existed there. Seraphina explained to her that electricity existed as a power. Some sorcerers held it. It was very strange.

The two of them kept talking about different things, Regan asking about technology and science. Seraphina told her that it was advanced. But then she used some terms that Regan had no idea about. So, she didn't ask about it.

Later on, Seraphina explained the eternal ember power. It was a source of which Regan could harness the power of fire. She told her that she could use fire to defend herself, to create barriers, but also to attack. She emphased that it was crucial to maintain control over your emotions and intentions when wielding fire.