95

The path led them to an opening space, a large blank space. The mist was thinner and Regan could see it was surrounded by tall ancient monoliths. They loomed over, and were genuinely frightening.

In the middle of the area, there was a ship, a flying one. It looked like a private jet, just without long arms. More like some sort of spaceship vessel.

"And now we're going to get there, aren't we?" Regan said, her voice dripping with disdain. Sirius merely shrugged.

The vessel, or whatever it was, was unlike anything Regan had ever seen. Its sleek, metallic exterior glinted in the dim light, and its design seemed to blend elements of both magic and technology. As they drew closer, she could see that it was adorned with symbols and glowing runes, pulsating with an eerie energy.

Octavia's expression was stifled with fear and anger as they were led to the peculiar flying vessel. They now saw that the whole area was guarded by several figures dressed in military attire. As she drew closer, she saw his general, Vlad, standing before the ship's entrance, a stern expression on his face. Regan remembered where he once had asked her if she had any problems, but he didn't seem any different from Sirius, save for his appearance.

Sirius walked up to Vlad, the two exchanging a few words before Vlad nodded curtly. The ship's entrance slid open, revealing a dimly lit interior with strange symbols etched into the walls and floor. Sirius gestured for them to enter and then followed behind, his smugness growing with each of their step. Regan glared up at him, cursing under her breath, "Keep laughing, you idiot. You think you've got the upper hand, but you don't know what I'm capable of."

Her mother squeezed her shoulder in response, but it was a weak gesture, filled with resignation. As they were led deeper into the ship, Octavia whispered to Regan, "Be strong, my darling. We'll find a way out of this. I promise."

The ship's interior was divided into several compartments, each more opulent than the last. It was brightly lit, with comfortable seats in white and gold. The walls were white with some tv like devices hanging on them and the windows were like those of a regular airplane.

"Well, well, now why don't you both have a seat?" Sirius's voice pierced through the opulent cabin of the strange ship.

"Well, well, now why don't you fuck off?" Regan retorted through gritted teeth. Before she could argue further, her mother took her hand and guided her to sit in the two empty seats across from them. As the couch's surface made contact with her back, a piercing pain coursed through her, and she remembered the fight with the lion like men. She leaned a bit forward, hoping that her mother or he didn't notice.

Sirius sat down in the one opposite them, his smirk never leaving his face. Her face was red with anger, gripping her sword tightly. She wanted to slap him and his grin away, but she held back.

Sirius looked at Regan, his gaze piercing through her soul, "You know, you should better calm down, Regan. You're as red as your hair," he teased. "And you should try to relax in your seat."

Octavia took a deep breath, answering him instead, "Sirius, you better mind your own business. Leave my daughter alone." She shot him a glare that could kill, her hands shaking in anger.

Sirius chuckled, "Oh, queen Octavia. You never change." He turned his attention back to Regan, "But Regan, you're acting a bit weird now, aren't you?"

The words stung, and Regan was boiling inside. She knew her mother was rather calm but she hated him so much that she had no idea if it was measurable or not. And that made her question how much she hated him. But she didn't answer. She crossed her arms, clenching her jaw.

He motioned to a girl in an uniform who Regan and her mom hadn't even noticed until now. The girl smiled and walked over. He spoke to the girl for a moment before she nodded and walked away. Sirius leaned back in his seat, his grin growing wider. Regan couldn't shake the surge of anger that coursed through her.