11

"Regan! Regan! Wake up!" A familiar voice was heard.

Regan felt a light grip on her shoulders and her eyes opened heavily. She saw Monica hovering over her with concern.

"Dear, are you alright? You were talking on sleep and yelling, did you have a nightmare?" Monica asked concerned. She had come to Regan's room to wake her up, and then she saw how her niece was struggling.

Regan got out of the daze and realized that she really saw the same dream. She was terrified, but held herself from showing it.

"Yes, I'm alright, nothing to worry." Regan said, as she sat higher.

"You're full on sweat. Go and take a shower."

"What time it is?" She asked rubbing her eyes, and then looked around.

"6:30am."

"Okay..." said she and slowly got up from the bed.

The girl went in the bathroom. She never liked morning showers but took it so she wouldn't have to explain later to her aunt.

She couldn't understand. Why did she saw it again? That was exactly the reason that she didn't want to sleep.

The more Regan thought about it, the more it terrified her to the core.

She finished the short shower and wore baggy jeans with a long white shirt. She blow dried her hair, and while in the process, the girl saw that the orange-red strand hadn't disappeared.

It was weird how it had fallen on her hair. Regan assumed it to be a prank. Maybe it was her weird friend's doing, when she was at her house.

She grabbed her schoolbag and walked away from the room which already held an odd vibe. The room started to get odd vibes since the dream first occurred to her.

The girl found her aunt drinking macchiato as usual, sitting on the loveseat.

She suddenly reminded herself, that she was going to ask Monica for the red roses and tell her that she didn't have to get them.

"Well, aunt, can I tell you something?" She asked a bit nervously.

"Of course." Monica said as she looked at her niece.

"Uhh...you know, these red roses that you have put in my room, I don't really like them."

"Red roses? I haven't put any rose in your room." Monica raised an eyebrow. Regan couldn't help but feel a shiver run down her spine at her words.

"I let them inside the bathroom," Regan replied, remembering how she left them there that creepy night. In fact, she had only used the upstairs bathroom.

"I don't know?" Monica said, her expression turning confused. Regan sighed as she walked over to that bathroom. However, as she entered in, she didn't find any glass vase or any red rose. Where were they? She remembered she put them here.

"Are you sure? I checked inside the bathroom but they're not here. Maybe you took them?" Regan asked again, her voice shaky.

"No. If I did it, I'd remember, of course I would. Maybe you were misunderstood?"

Regan's mind swirled with the worst and most negative scenarios to think. The first, was that maybe someone got in her room when she slept and put the roses, then got them again. She went as far to think that this person, could be the one who wanted to choke her in the dream. Her anxiety rose, her breath rapid.

Monica noticed that situation. At first, she didn't see it a big deal, probably Regan saw these roses elsewhere and was confusing it, but at seeing her niece's reaction, made her worried.